First Ladys Chief of Staff?

moreluck

golden ticket member
I agree, her clothes suck. She needs to try some tried & true designers.....not the hood designers she's been using. A recent purple dress was by Isaac Mizrahi who does a lot for Target and he hosts Fashion Show.

She's 5'11", her needs are special. I've been 5'10" my adult life and it's hard finding clothes......heck her shoe size is probably 10 or 11 and they stop making nice shoes at size 9.

She should wear jeans & sweatshirts and be comfortable:wink2:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I agree, her clothes suck. She needs to try some tried & true designers.....not the hood designers she's been using. A recent purple dress was by Isaac Mizrahi who does a lot for Target and he hosts Fashion Show.

She's 5'11", her needs are special. I've been 5'10" my adult life and it's hard finding clothes......heck her shoe size is probably 10 or 11 and they stop making nice shoes at size 9.

She should wear jeans & sweatshirts and be comfortable:wink2:
I wear a size 12 on a good day. Now when shopping for work shoes there is no problem. When shopping for dress shoes, I can usually get them at Fredericks of Hollywood, the ones made for crossdressers:surprised:
You know, slutty flight attendants, and hoody stuff. Now there is a thread.

tieguy

Banned
I wear a size 12 on a good day. Now when shopping for work shoes there is no problem. When shopping for dress shoes, I can usually get them at Fredericks of Hollywood, the ones made for crossdressers:surprised:
You know, slutty flight attendants, and hoody stuff. Now there is a thread.

yea just think liberals fought for Palins rights to dress like a woman just so they could then turn around and criticize her attire with the slutty flight attendant comment.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
yea just think liberals fought for Palins rights to dress like a woman just so they could then turn around and criticize her attire with the slutty flight attendant comment.
I think its the fact she dresses like a lady, but can dress in anything and look great. I think wearing her hair up, and the glasses is what irks them. Which is how most people working (women) in the real world who have long hair, wear it.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Lets forget for a moment who is President, and focus solely on whether or not that individual is overpaid for the work he or she does.

The President is arguably the most powerful individual on earth and is paid $400,000 per year. Many corporate executives make ten times this amount. Many upper-level UPS managers make more than this. I drive a truck and deliver packages, and make about 1/6th of this. By any objective standard, the President is not overpaid.

Historically, the First Lady has always fullfilled important roles on behalf of our country, even though she is not an elected official. Like it or not she is in the public eye. The idea that she would have a paid staff does not seem extravegant to me.

As to the cost of transporting and "maintaining" the First Family, this is a national-security issue. They are targets for assasination. The President is also Commander In Chief of our armed forces and at all times must be accompanied by a guy with a briefcase full of launch codes for the second largest nuclear arsenal on earth. He and his family must be protected, unfortunately at a substantial cost.

As a pragmatist, I want to make DAMN sure that the guy who has the authority to launch the nukes is happy, content and well-fed. That means taking good care of his wife and family. Whether or not I personally agree with them is irrelevant.

The President simply cannot load his family into a minivan and take a $2500 vacation trip, or hop in his car and take his wife to dinner and a movie like "normal" Americans do.

This is not an Obama issue, or a Bush issue, or a Clinton issue. No matter who occupies that office, there is going to be a very substantial cost associated with the logistics of maintaining and transporting them. Its the world we live in.

I didnt vote for Obama and I disagree with many of his policies...but I have no problem with providing his wife with a staff, or paying BIG $$ to protect him. Its the cost of doing business.

Last edited:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Taxpayers are a little sorer than ever before. We didn't complain about the prez. flyng when we were also flying too.. The difference this time is we've had to tightnen our belts, stop any excess spending etc...I call it "soup & sandwich" times. The prez. (whoever it is) should be a sterling example for us instead of a spending pig that he is. Believe me, it's beyond hate! :angry:

Yes the President should try to set an example of frugality, but by the same token I dont want a President who never leaves the insulated bubble of the White House. The President leads the whole country, not just Washington DC, and he needs to get out and be a part of it rather than seperate from it. The fact that it costs a fortune to fly him everywhere and protect him is not his fault, and whatever money is spent on doing so is but a minute fraction of overall government spending.

P

pickup

Yes the President should try to set an example of frugality, but by the same token I dont want a President who never leaves the insulated bubble of the White House. The President leads the whole country, not just Washington DC, and he needs to get out and be a part of it rather than seperate from it. The fact that it costs a fortune to fly him everywhere and protect him is not his fault, and whatever money is spent on doing so is but a minute fraction of overall government spending.

Agree. I still think considering his connections with Lincoln, he should have avoided going to a theatre to attend a play (when he went to nyc) . Talk about tempting fate!!!