First Pay check

Jeremaih156

I started last Thursday(video tutorials) but they say I was paid for the day. I have worked 20 hours total but when i got my check they said I had only worked 7. My supervisor says I have to put a week in a hole so I was only paid for Thursday and Friday. Which really doesn't make sense too me but he say next Friday I'll be paid for the hours I do this week. Is that true or am I getting :censored2:ed over?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I started last Thursday(video tutorials) but they say I was paid for the day. I have worked 20 hours total but when i got my check they said I had only worked 7. My supervisor says I have to put a week in a hole so I was only paid for Thursday and Friday. Which really doesn't make sense too me but he say next Friday I'll be paid for the hours I do this week. Is that true or am I getting :censored2:ed over?
The 7Hour check you got was for the hours you worked last thursday and Friday. You will be paid next week for the hours you worked this week. I guess common sense isn't all that common...lol.

Jeremaih156

Actually yes, this is my first official job. I usually had to cut grass, help people move, and cater to earn a paycheck. So, sorry for asking a pretty obvious question too you but for me I'm not used too it.

Nimnim

The Nim
Payroll works Sun to Sat here, if it's different in some areas I'm not aware. You've been here at least a week, but started on a Thursday. Never heard of a new hire starting on anything other than a Monday, but ok Thursday. So this week you got paid for the time you were at work on Thursday and Friday. Next week you'll get paid for everything you worked this week, probably Mon to Fri, but could be Sun to Thurs.

aiian

Don't pay any attention to these jackasses. As Gawd's gift to preload has already explained we get paid for last week's work. The work week starts on Monday.

Congrats on the new job, play your cards right and UPS will be paying you till you're 6 feet under.