First Pay check

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Jeremaih156, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Jeremaih156

Jeremaih156 Member

I started last Thursday(video tutorials) but they say I was paid for the day. I have worked 20 hours total but when i got my check they said I had only worked 7. My supervisor says I have to put a week in :censored2: so I was only paid for Thursday and Friday. Which really doesn't make sense too me but he say next Friday I'll be paid for the hours I do this week. Is that true or am I getting :censored2:ed over?

2. brownrod

brownrod Active Member

today's pay check is for hours worked last week. hard to pay you for this week when you haven't even finished it yet.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. Jeremaih156

Jeremaih156 Member

Just making sure. And I thought they did it where they start adding my hours Thursday (my start date) until this Thursday.

4. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

The 7Hour check you got was for the hours you worked last thursday and Friday. You will be paid next week for the hours you worked this week. I guess common sense isn't all that common...lol.

5. Jeremaih156

Jeremaih156 Member

So being confused about a company pays you is common sense ? Interesting.

6. bleedinbrown58

Have you never had a job before? How can you expect to be paid for hours worked this week (whether you work for ups or Taco Bell) when this week hasn't even ended yet? Today is Friday.

7. Jeremaih156

Jeremaih156 Member

Actually yes, this is my first official job. I usually had to cut grass, help people move, and cater to earn a paycheck. So, sorry for asking a pretty obvious question too you but for me I'm not used too it.

8. Jeremaih156

Jeremaih156 Member

9. Nimnim

Nimnim The Nim

Payroll works Sun to Sat here, if it's different in some areas I'm not aware. You've been here at least a week, but started on a Thursday. Never heard of a new hire starting on anything other than a Monday, but ok Thursday. So this week you got paid for the time you were at work on Thursday and Friday. Next week you'll get paid for everything you worked this week, probably Mon to Fri, but could be Sun to Thurs.

10. Jeremaih156

Jeremaih156 Member

Ok, thanks.

11. bleedinbrown58

Because Mcdonalds wasn't hiring?

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. Jeremaih156

Jeremaih156 Member

Does that matter? Do you want to know my application history?

13. bleedinbrown58

You apparently already posted that...lol.

14. Jeremaih156

Jeremaih156 Member

No. I posted that UPS was my first job. I have applied at many jobs before getting hired at UPS.

15. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

I would quit right now. Why put off the inevitable?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. ^ this

Sent using BrownCafe App

17. aiian

aiian Active Member

Don't pay any attention to these jackasses. As Gawd's gift to preload has already explained we get paid for last week's work. The work week starts on Monday.

Congrats on the new job, play your cards right and UPS will be paying you till you're 6 feet under.

18. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

With proper planning, UPS will continue to pay you for up to 5 years after you pass away.

19. aiian

aiian Active Member

Even better.