First thing you check on EDD.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I check my NDA and use the res/comm button to change any residential NDA savers. I check to see if I have any add/cuts and if there are any bad pals that I can take care of before leaving bldg. I check to see if I have any pkgs for one of my customers who likes to get his stuff early and meets me on the road. I check to see if I have any residentials that I can indirect to a business. Finally I scroll down to see what kind of day I will have.

Yes, I do all of this before start time. We have a picnic table where we hang out and I am not the only one who will be going through their DIAD. To me it's not a big deal and gets me ready for my day.

On a side note, the upgrade now allows us to download EDD on the road.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Whatever.

whatever x2
You need to be punched in the face.

Oh no you didn't.
Looks like we're about to have a brawl in here.

I'm doing a route where the only shelf in the proper order is shelf 8. Seriously, every stop is I jump to a different shelf. If I were to follow trace I would do 2 shelves of residential before I do my 80 business stops. And all these stops are in some crazy, nonsensical order. Seriously, You'd deliver 2 stops, driver 3 blocks away deliver 4 stops, drive 4 blocks back in the direction you already came from, deliver 2 stops, drive 5 blocks back in the other direction and deliver one stop, etc... Totally stupid. I cannot even begin to imagine how someone could friend up a trace this bad. You would have to purposely try to make it this bad.

Our center just went on PAS. I've done a few routes that are great. But the rest make me think that the PAS dudes need to put the crack pipe down.
Get the list from the dispatch supe and put it in the proper order.

The Saints will meet their match Nov. 30th when they face Tom Brady and the Patriots on MNF from New Orleans.
........Just like they did to the Colts?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
There is not one single driver here, that I have noticed, that does not check EDD before start time. All for the reason that have already been stated.

upsgrunt

I check my NDA and use the res/comm button to change any residential NDA savers. I check to see if I have any add/cuts and if there are any bad pals that I can take care of before leaving bldg. I check to see if I have any pkgs for one of my customers who likes to get his stuff early and meets me on the road. I check to see if I have any residentials that I can indirect to a business. Finally I scroll down to see what kind of day I will have.

Yes, I do all of this before start time. We have a picnic table where we hang out and I am not the only one who will be going through their DIAD. To me it's not a big deal and gets me ready for my day.

On a side note, the upgrade now allows us to download EDD on the road.

How old is the upgrade? I've been on vacation for 2 weeks, but we could never be farther than 1/2 a block from the center in order to download edd. Has this changed in the last two weeks?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Yesterday I had to bring another board out to a driver and forgot to get edd.
oops.
He called in to ask the sups , how does one do the job without edd ?

BrownBlue

New Jack

Been there done that, and all it takes is some other dispatch sup using one of a hundred old plans, or cuts on off on off on same truck in same day will screw it up as well. This PAS/EDD system was poorly implemented and is now poorly managed. It is the biggest wasted tool I've ever used. But still not as useless and wasteful as the IE department.:angry::angry:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Careful with that there religion talk. You may stir some rumblings from over on the FedEx side.:wink2:

Yesterday I had to bring another board out to a driver and forgot to get edd.
oops.
He called in to ask the sups , how does one do the job without edd ?
Ha Ha Ha! Mred.jpg

Been there done that, and all it takes is some other dispatch sup using one of a hundred old plans, or cuts on off on off on same truck in same day will screw it up as well. This PAS/EDD system was poorly implemented and is now poorly managed. It is the biggest wasted tool I've ever used. But still not as useless and wasteful as the IE department.:angry::angry:
Very true! They've made a bunch of different plans for my route and it seems to be never ending. And oh how true is that last statement.:happy2:
Mred.jpg

rossco

Since it doesn't have this basic feature I have really improved on my x8 times-tables. Now I'm like an idiot-savant. Or just a plain idiot.

guy in the truck next to me yesterday after looking at his EDD, "hey whats 8 times 20" and then was about to figure it out by writing it on a box before i told him