First Time Driver Helper!! Advice!

Use your hand rails.. When the package car stops be up out of the seat door open standing on the blacktop waiting for us to give you your packages with diad in hand... AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD AFTER YOU KNOCK ON A DOOR DON'T WAIT FOR THEM TO ANSWER IT,,,,,,,,

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I always tell helpers to double check the label to make sure we are at the right stop. Leave the package where I tell you. And for God's sake pull the pants up. I don't want to see your underwear and my customers don't want to see your underwear. Not only are you representing UPS you are representing me.

arice11

Does anyone know how early a driver might end up calling you?
Want to get some shut eye after preload...
lol, peak season is stress season

upschuck

Driver does not call, the helper coordinator will, and that depends on the route that you will be helping on, some routes get them right after air, some not until the afternoon.

arice11

still no call...:(
kind of annoying being on-call
I still have preload to do anyway, that's already 6-8 hours during peak.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Driver does not call, the helper coordinator will, and that depends on the route that you will be helping on, some routes get them right after air, some not until the afternoon.

Our helper coordinator sets up the meet for the first day and if things work out well with that helper the driver sets up the meets from that point forward.

GillEagan

I always look 10 years younger than I am.
don't tell your driver your whole life story, believe me....he doesn't care.

Tell that to the drivers I worked with last year. They seemed interested in mine. :-( So far the driver I am with this year has not brought it up. I hope it stays that way. If there's one thing I don't like discussing, my personal business is one.

GillEagan

Don't use your phone. Use discretion with what you say to the customers and keep it brief. Don't do anything that will put on on Youtube. If the customer has wrapped their door with a Christmas wrap, don't knock on the door or your knuckles will go through the wrap.

arice11

still haven't been called :(
starting to get a little angry
this company....urgh

oh well...thanks to everyone who shared their advice.
wish me luck yo

GillEagan

superballs63 said:
don't tell your driver your whole life story, believe me....he doesn't care.

Tell that to the drivers I worked with last year. They seemed interested in mine. :-( So far the driver I am with this year has not brought it up. I hope it stays that way. If there's one thing I don't like discussing, my personal business is one.

The driver got around to asking about this yesterday. I tried to keep it as brief as possible. I guess the drivers in my area are different compared to the drivers in other areas of the US.