First Time

Aquel Daley

Hey I just finished my orientation for loader, and just wondering if there is any tips for how to stack the small boxes and the big ones.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Hey I just finished my orientation for loader, and just wondering if there is any tips for how to stack the small boxes and the big ones.

Just like I like my women...if they are big..they are on the bottom and under. If they are small...they go on top with room to add more.

Last edited:

By The Book

If the box is the same size in all measurements, please load orientation arrows up. I see a lot of boxes loaded upside down when they could have been loaded right side up without taking up any more space. Take pride and your drivers will be thankful.

Aquel Daley

If the box is the same size in all measurements, please load orientation arrows up. I see a lot of boxes loaded upside down when they could have been loaded right side up without taking up any more space. Take pride and your drivers will be thankful.
I will keep that in mind

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank

In all seriousness though, welcome aboard and good luck. The loading will get easier with time and experience and it will soon be second nature how they will get loaded.

Aquel Daley

In all seriousness though, welcome aboard and good luck. The loading will get easier with time and experience and it will soon be second nature how they will get loaded.
Yea I saw the loaders loading the trailers and I'm like damn that is a lot. But i was told with a lot a training ima get used to it. And thanks

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
upload_2014-9-27_20-42-8.jpeg

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Get it on the floor and get it out the door. Or get it in the truck cause we don't give a friend. Seriously try and keep the giants on the floor and watch for bulk stops spaed to the shelf. Don't bury heavy long ones to the back of the shelf. Notice how heavy it is leave it on the floor and try and always put the irregular s on last. Its ok to try and squeeze a lightweight to make it tight as possible so they don't fall.

Last edited:

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Get it on the floor and get it out the door. Or get it in the truck cause we don't give a friend. Seriously try and keep the giants on the floor and watch for bulk stops spaed to the shelf. Don't bury heavy long ones to the back of the shelf. Notice how heavy it is leave it on the floor and try and always put the irregular s on last. Its ok to try and squeeze a lightweight to make it tight as possible so they don't fall.
Irregs last? I disagree. If i get say a 100lb Total Gym box spa'd to 8000 (end of his day delivery)..I'd lay it under the wheel hub or if that was occupied...clear a space under the 4000 shelf...lay it down and put the 3 & 4000 boxes on top and in front of it...so the driver can get to those first. Nothing worse than leaving big overweights out and slapping them down the.middle at the end if you don't have to. Now the driver gets to move, climb and trip over them all day long.

BrownChoice

Irregs last? I disagree. If i get say a 100lb Total Gym box spa'd to 8000 (end of his day delivery)..I'd lay it under the wheel hub or if that was occupied...clear a space under the 4000 shelf...lay it down and put the 3 & 4000 boxes on top and in front of it...so the driver can get to those first. Nothing worse than leaving big overweights out and slapping them down the.middle at the end if you don't have to. Now the driver gets to move, climb and trip over them all day long.

Bleedinbrown, unfortunately with ORION that may not help do that. As a driver you very well may be delivering those 8000 shelf spa 'd packages your 10th or 20th stop of the day!

BrownChoice

Until they get the ORION in sync with the SPA system, it will continue to be a total cluster friend$&@. Til peak hits, then that sh$& gets turned off!

Z

ZQXC

I wish you loaded my truck.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Bleedinbrown, unfortunately with ORION that may not help do that. As a driver you very well may be delivering those 8000 shelf spa 'd packages your 10th or 20th stop of the day!
Most drivers I talk to in my building turn Orion off and run their route the way they want. While you're right that PAL does not sync with Orion (which defeats the whole purpose)....I still load the truck with the assumption that they're delivering in PAL order for the most part....unless a driver asks me to move a bulk stop.

BrownChoice

Yea i agree with the fact that is the best way to load, and your one hell of a loader from what ive seen on here about you.

But if a driver turns off orion and they go over the projected miles for the day, they get their ears boxed. If over on orion and you follow it to that particular centers standards be it 85% or 90%, nothing much for them to say.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I wish you loaded my truck.
I hear that a lot at work...lol. It's just experience....it's too easy to be lazy. But taking an extra 2 mins to load the floor in PAL order (more or less..I'm not a magician)..and making sure all shipping labels are facing up, out or towards the bulkhead makes a difference. And lines my pocket at Xmas time...lol.