First victory in UPS/MBE lawsuit goes to the franchisees of MBE

C

capnroxxor

Its also not nice to spam up a message board using someone elses username.

D

dannyboy

MBE

You are not ready nor able to accept and process hundreds of packages from one shipper, but more like accepting a few from several hundred shippers. THat is the point that tie was making. That is why many of the smaller shippers were priced out of using us, and sent to you as a reasonable alternative. And many drivers helped in this matter.

So now you have a business that really is starting to kick butt and will start shipping a hundred packages a day, you gonna handle that? I doubt it. THat is a lot of handling of the packages that is unneeded. And are you gonna send a truck by HIS place to pick them up?

My UPS store owner IS picking packages up for customers and taking them to his store for us to pick up. And if it is a large shipment he will take it directly to the center for processing, and bypass his store. Are you committed enough like he is to make your business grow? I doubt it.

Also understand that the more you take packages away from UPS, as a driver, I will recomend your place less and less, like I do on the one on my route that is shipping more by FDX. Sorry, your choice. I will recomend to my customers only those business that support MY job. So if your poor business choices lead your business to fail, dont cry to us about it. Access the FDX ground site, maybe you can get some support for your business there.

d

L

loyalmbe

Danny, thanks for telling me the point tie was making, I sure saw nothing of the kind in his post.

All I have seen is that not only is UPS not closing small 6 digits acctount and turning them over to MBE's or UPS Stores as they stated they would be doing (in the presentation at the 2002 national convention), they indeed seem to be mining the data they get from iShip and soliciting those accounts that are using UPS Stores and trying to get them to deal direct with UPS. I have been told this by UPS Store owners, not MBE's.

Not complaining, just stating facts. My store is doing fine, thank you, shipping volume, both total and net is up.

D

dannyboy

MBE

IF you would read instead of assume, things that Tie posts about are usually spot on. And while some of his posts are irritating at best, look over that part and see what he has to say.

AS far as UPS doing something wrong to hurt the UPS stores, that is like sending Jarret out with 4 flat tires, it just wouldnt make sense, to them or me. They have a lot to gain from UPS stores doing well, and from what I hear from my UPS store owner, they are working daily to improve how that working relationship makes it a positive experience for UPS, the franchise owner, and most importantly the customer. A happy customer will come back again and again.

I have on my route the corp offices of the only fast food joint to ever receive the Malcolm Baldridge award. He was in Washington to get the award from Pres. Bush. His franchise managers make from a low of $150,000 to 285.000 each per year. They all know what it takes to get and keep a customer. I have heard the owner tell them that to keep a customer happy, I dont care what you have to do, mow his lawn, wash his car, baby sit his kids, but keep the customer.

Why?

Because over the life of the relationship he knows that a satisfied customer will spend right at $30,000 at his drive through in their lifetime. And while losing a customer that was only buying a burger, fries and coke dosnt seem like a big deal, when you look at it from his view, its devistating.

Customers to your store will spend more than $5 per visit. More than the guy at the drive through. Make it a pleasant experience and they will come back, and more importantly they will tell their freinds etc.

Make any sense?

d

T

tieguy

My point is there is going to be quite a bit of churn in their type of work. It has nothing to do with what you think UPS should or should not do for you. If a shipper wants UPS to start picking them up each day they have that right and UPS will do so.

L

loyalmbe

Tieguy,

Once again, the name is loyalmbe. It is rude of you to distort it when you address me.

As to ignoring your point, I would say you ignored mine. I only feel that UPS should honor what executives paid by UPS have stated in front of MBE franchisees to entice them to support the Gold Shield program.

I have no problem with the customer whose volume becomes large enough that they request that UPS put them on a daily pickup.

I merely stated that at a national convention, it was stated by these same executives that UPS would be closing smaller 6 digit accounts and directing them to the closest MBE center. Apparently, UPS changed their mind about that.

Once again, my business is doing quite well, thank
you. Not complaining, just stating facts.

L

loyalmbe

tieguy,

I did not ignore your point, in fact I responded to it directly.

In return, you call me names, what is the point of this rude and offensive behaviour on your part.

Let me assume it is not intentional, you did not know my username is loyalmbe, in the future you will address me correctly and I will not resort to calling you a variation of your name.

Best regards,

loyalmbe

L

loyalmbe

tieguy,

MBE is not UPS. MBE corporate may be an indirect subsidiary of UPS, there is a big differeence. Each Mail Boxes Etc. Center is independently owned and operated. As much as you might like to believe otherwise, UPS owns none of the Mail Boxes Etc. Centers. I have the right by contract to use the MBE name as well as Mail Boxes Etc. and I do this enthusiastically. Therefore, I am loyal to MBE. Just because I justly criticize some of the actions of UPS does not give you the right to call me disloyal as opposed to addressing me by my registered user name. I have refrained from calling you lieguy, could you have the decency to not call me names, and whether you consider it name calling or not, that is exactly what it is.

Stay tuned for more news more on topic as it becomes available, the lawsuits are far from over!

Sincerely,

loyalmbe

P

playinthru

Loyalmbe, At the end of your franchise term, are you going to have to switch over to UPs Store?

L

loyalmbe

>>Loyalmbe, At the end of your franchise term, are you going to have to switch over to UPs Store?<<

NO!

In fact, I suspect the UPS Stores will be history by then. Time will tell!

D

dannyboy

Hey MBE

How much are you getting on each ARS package you take in?

d

L

loyalmbe

Dannyboy asked

>>Hey MBE

How much are you getting on each ARS package you take in?

d<<

My answer, not enough to buy a cup of coffee, I'll tell you that much.

I don't think my carrier contract allows me to tell you.

T

tieguy

I don't know folks. I think if i owned a MBe and was not happy with the current arrangement I would sell the store and move on to something that made me happy. I don't believe i would spend my time on multiple ups message boards crying about the arrangements. I fully understand the MBE independent arrangements. Regardless of how you twist and turn it MBE is UPS.

I

interested

Tie,

What will it take for you to act the better part of an adult and not resort to such lowbrow behavior by constantly calling people names. If you disgree with someone-fine, but can't you develop your points a little further and try and engage in some intellegent debate about your views, rather than always taking the low road.

Cheryl has provided us with the means to censor you-I have acted on a few of your posts, I will act on these as well, but should it come to that?

I am embarrased that we are on the same team.

B

brown39

Sorry "interested" I think that "tie' is correct in dealing with these rotten apples who continue to downgrade UPS with lies. They all are just complaining that UPS and the UPS Stores are competing with them, they made a poor choice NOT to convert, now they are crying about it with nothing but Trash. They deserve to be beaten back each and every time they made an untrue statement and lie about UPS.

T

tieguy

Interested you are not my keeper. Tear up the adoption form with my name on it and return to the orphanage to find another more deserving candidate. Pleae feel free to censor all my posts. I'll tell you what I might occasionally decide to listen to you when UPS actually feels they can trust you to lead people rather than computers.

F

feederdude

Loyalmbe,
Tyedye doesn't represent himself very well, or any UPS position. In fact I am ashamed at the posting that has gone on for way too long. I for one, and I feel I speak for many UPSers wish you luck in your adventure, if being under the UPS corporate scrutiny is hard to handle, I along with many current as well as retired UPSers understand your frustration. Please don't lose sight of this fact, we move steady in the direction of our mission statements, UPSers across the states will do what it takes to grow the business(and ex-mbe is a part of our business), again I apologize for the frustration you have incurred. And lieguy doesn't have the first bit of understanding of what a true UPSer is and will always be.
Feederdude
kaffekopp.gif

I

interested

Tie,

Where on earth did you ever get the idea that I work with computers? I admit I have to use a computer to do my job at Ups, but to be involved with them in a professional capacity-No.

Which is a good thing. I am not the most computer savvy guy on the block. Far from it.

I am curious though, where you got the idea that I was involved with them.

Care to elaborate?

D

dannyboy

MBE

You need to switch to the private sector, mine are getting 85 cents a piece from the companies they are with. All they do is turn in a sheet showing the tracking numbers and they get a check in the mail.

MAybe you ought to check the options that are available to you through other independent counter shippers. Several have huge discounted rates that you can use to pad your bottom line.

While I understand the problems and challenges you face, only you can make the correct choices for what you want and where you wish to go. Make the right one, and live the good life. Choose poorly,.......well sorry about that, just dont cry here about it.

Wishing you the best in whatever you choose. ANd if you decide not to send your package by us, you will understand that I and others like me will not send business your way. And I'm sure you would understand why.

Regards

d