First week of cover driver..

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
MY first week of cover driver is behind me.Why do i feel so miserable? Third day hit me hard depression came around and knocked me down.I felt like i was seeing happy people all around except me.Worst was around 6 clock when everyone was with their family seeing them thru window them enjoying life yet i was miserable.
Because package sucks and is a miserable job.

SCV good to go sir.

What's more important to you op? What you saw through the window or the money?

This job will not allow you to have your cake and eat it too, that's just the fact of the matter.

Be honest with yourself about what you want. There is no wrong answer to that question. Neither option is better than the other, they're just different. Although some know-it-alls will tell you otherwise. Best of luck in whatever you choose, I hope you find what makes you happy. In the meantime, the next time it gets dark, and you're hungry, and you got a lot of stops left, and you see all these happy people.... Tighten your belt, turn your game face on, and tell yourself whatever you have to say to keep your spirits up.

twoweeled

I think they know not to give it to me too hard. They know I'm single and don't GIVE A friend* and I'll milk it out all night without the slightest care.
Maybe, but i doubt it. Management doesn't care either. Management is trying to weed out the people who will cause future problems. they have a long line to replace you with. Management doesn't have one iota of worry about not keeping you past your probation. Your attitude of not caring and staying out as long as it takes, is the correct attitude. But they've seen it before. Now is not the time for you to display that attitude. Chances are, they'll keep you through peak, and not bring you back when they lay you off in January. I'm just guessing, or course.

twoweeled

I mean't take the paycheck, as in have a job and be able to pay the bills, not take their paycheck, we always agree together how many stops to put on my truck so it can look like a good effort to help them but not short them the hours they are trying to achieve :)
I totally understood what you meant. I didn't mean that in a bad way at all. some of us get older and say, "the hell with the money'! the young bucks come in like fresh horses ready and willing to gooo! We've all scene it, and lived it. Works for everyone. You want the hours, some of the old beat up guys don't! Perfect. My point was, you won't be that fresh horse forever. Secretariat hasn't been winning a lot of horse races anymore. Back and knees will start to go, and slow you down a bit. That's just the flow of things in life, and definitely at UPS. I meant nothing malicious by that comment. That works for everyone.

twoweeled

What's more important to you op? What you saw through the window or the money?

This job will not allow you to have your cake and eat it too, that's just the fact of the matter.

Be honest with yourself about what you want. There is no wrong answer to that question. Neither option is better than the other, they're just different. Although some know-it-alls will tell you otherwise. Best of luck in whatever you choose, I hope you find what makes you happy. In the meantime, the next time it gets dark, and you're hungry, and you got a lot of stops left, and you see all these happy people.... Tighten your belt, turn your game face on, and tell yourself whatever you have to say to keep your spirits up.
You hit that one on the head!! Bulls eye!

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Maybe, but i doubt it. Management doesn't care either. Management is trying to weed out the people who will cause future problems. they have a long line to replace you with. Management doesn't have one iota of worry about not keeping you past your probation. Your attitude of not caring and staying out as long as it takes, is the correct attitude. But they've seen it before. Now is not the time for you to display that attitude. Chances are, they'll keep you through peak, and not bring you back when they lay you off in January. I'm just guessing, or course.
Been here three years, baby. Made book a long time ago. I'm going nowhere.

JL 0513

Christmas eve has always been a early night in my center. We don't pick up anything but air and there are a lot of business closed....

Last year because of UPS' overspending we were in "early", around 6:30. In 2013, I was out 'til after 8:30. It's not the businesses to worry about but all the last minute residential volume.

UPSGUY72

Last year because of UPS' overspending we were in "early", around 6:30. In 2013, I was out 'til after 8:30. It's not the businesses to worry about but all the last minute residential volume.

I haven't had a real late x-mass eve in the past 7 years. That even with having to make sure every last package gets delivered one way or the other...

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Been here three years, baby. Made book a long time ago. I'm going nowhere.
Long time..............lmfao.
image.jpg

SCV good to go sir.

I think they know not to give it to me too hard. They know I'm single and don't GIVE A friend* and I'll milk it out all night without the slightest care.
I thought the same thing until I found out I have to go another probation to go from cover to full time. There's no way in hell my current center will take me for full time now.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I thought the same thing until I found out I have to go another probation to go from cover to full time. There's no way in hell my current center will take me for full time now.
I always thought going full time was just a change in you're seniority date. Does it vary by supplement?