Fishing on Lunch

Wilson

You can fish but taking home the catch is stealing. You can not transport private goods in a UPS vehicle without paying the shipping. Strange but I've seen it all folks.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I wouldn't expect you to understand but i firmly believe that a carp should not be shot when spotlighted If a deer cannot be spotlighted.
Back where I grew up they don't care how you get a deer. If you wanna spotlight it, it's yours. Can't give the deer tags away.
I was on route that had a golf course on it. I would eat lunch in the clubhouse and then chip and putt on the practice green. It helped my short game
That's exactly what I'd do if I drove. The only problem is I don't think my game would improve. Just my frustration and desire for break to be over.
I keep saying I'm going to do that, but don't want to hit "other clubs" than my own. There is one right on my trip too.
Maybe you could see if they would let you leave a couple with the promise you'd be there x days a week?

The pilot that flies in our air everyday actually keeps his golf clubs in the plane. He says he flies in, plays 27-36 holes depending on the day and flies back. I'm pretty sure he has my dream job.

upsman68

You can fish but taking home the catch is stealing. You can not transport private goods in a UPS vehicle without paying the shipping. Strange but I've seen it all folks.
What? I buy stuff on my route all the time and bring it home. This is first time I heard of this.

upsman68

Seems a good way to 15-20 extra stops in a hurry.

"Got time to practice golf? You got time for 20 more." Lol
It's my lunch hour. They are not going to put extra stops on you. I just pitch and putt so a wedge and putter is all I need. I deliver out of an extended center. We just drive up to our package car and put our personal property in our cars.

Wilson

What? I buy stuff on my route all the time and bring it home. This is first time I heard of this.

The policy for shipping goods through UPS system without paying for it are as clear as the summer sun. The vehicle you use to do your work is UPS's and for UPS business only. If you want to transport a personal item you bought at a store using UPS vehicle to transport that good you need to pay the shipping cost. If you don't pay for the shipping that's stealing services. That's the point of the policy.

I've seen drivers unload bags of fertilizer, fence post, carpets, vegetables customers gave them, all kinds of stuff. When a mangers see that they have every right to terminate them on the spot and the termination will stick if they want it too. If you gotten away with it because you haven't been caught or management looked the other way THIS TIME. You now know that you backside is completely exposed should you get on the wrong side of management or run into a manager that won't look the other way.

If you want something on your route buy it on your time and go back and pick it up on your time with your own vehicle or pay the shipping charges when you get back to the building. At least offer it to management and give them the chances to say "forget about it." I still would want to trust any managers with that much power over me.

upsman68

The policy for shipping goods through UPS system without paying for it are as clear as the summer sun. The vehicle you use to do your work is UPS's and for UPS business only. If you want to transport a personal item you bought at a store using UPS vehicle to transport that good you need to pay the shipping cost. If you don't pay for the shipping that's stealing services. That's the point of the policy.

I've seen drivers unload bags of fertilizer, fence post, carpets, vegetables customers gave them, all kinds of stuff. When a mangers see that they have every right to terminate them on the spot and the termination will stick if they want it too. If you gotten away with it because you haven't been caught or management looked the other way THIS TIME. You now know that you backside is completely exposed should you get on the wrong side of management or run into a manager that won't look the other way.

If you want something on your route buy it on your time and go back and pick it up on your time with your own vehicle or pay the shipping charges when you get back to the building. At least offer it to management and give them the chances to say "forget about it." I still would want to trust any managers with that much power

I've been with the company for 25 years and I have never heard of this policy whatsoever. Can you show me where this is written?

upsman68

If you want something on your route buy it on your time and go back and pick it up on your time with your own vehicle or pay the shipping charges when you get back to the building. At least offer it to management and give them the chances to say "forget about it." I still would want to trust any managers with that much power over me.

I've been with the company for 25 years and I've never heard of this policy. Can you show me where this is written?

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit

That is the most absurd thing I've ever read on here. And that's saying something.