Fitness Reimbursement

Alleycar

Anyone know offhand if we get reimbursed for working out with our health insurance plan? Would seem to me like a no-brainer, but I know that is rarely the case in real life. Thank you for your replies =)

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
No, UPS does not reimburse us but your health insurance plan might offer some incentive. The Blue Cross IL PPO (popular nationwide, for both PT & FT) use to offer gift card incentives for reaching certain fitness goals. I no longer have it, but it still may.

Alleycar

Thank you Bag and Cach =) I find it hard to believe with the nature of our jobs that our health plan wouldn't encourage us to be as fit as possible=)

Leftinbuilding

Thank you Bag and Cach =) I find it hard to believe with the nature of our jobs that our health plan wouldn't encourage us to be as fit as possible=)

Ironic comment. With the nature of the job I consider it my responsibility to be as fit as possible. Who hurts if I get hurt?

Just this week the safety folks were passing around a petition to encourage the company to put in an exercise/weight room. I didn't sign and pointed out there was a laundry list of far greater safety issues around the building that needed to be tended to first.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Just this week the safety folks were passing around a petition to encourage the company to put in an exercise/weight room. I didn't sign and pointed out there was a laundry list of far greater safety issues around the building that needed to be tended to first.

Load quality from CACH is terrible -- probably the worst of any large hub in the system. It's almost as if the loaders just throw the stuff onto the truck, sometimes using unmarked 130 lb. packages to top-off. I mean, it's really, really bad. We've complained and the Company responds with 'do you know how hard it is just to get people to show up?' Maybe a fitness facility wouldn't be such a bad idea.

Cementups

Box Monkey
No reimbursement but the do sometimes have agreements with local fitness facilities to offer discounts to its employees.

brownIEman

Of course you are reimbursed for working out. When I was a loader, every workout I did in the back of a feeder was reimbursed at my hourly rate. If you are not being reimbursed for those workouts, you need to file.

iruhnman630

Weight room...yeah, that's laughable. The company took away our $10 turkeys, what makes anybody think they would spring for a weight room. Imagine the liabilities if an employee is injured while working out.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Of course you are reimbursed for working out. When I was a loader, every workout I did in the back of a feeder was reimbursed at my hourly rate. If you are not being reimbursed for those workouts, you need to file.

Huh? I know what you're getting at but... huh? Sounds like your Super Bowl party has already started. Go Ravens!!!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
No reimbursement but the do sometimes have agreements with local fitness facilities to offer discounts to its employees.

We do have this. Although they waive their one time $500 sign up few is all they do.

They basically waive this for anyone cause people aren't stupid enough to pay it.

iruhnman630

Look at your car in the morning. As you are digging, crawling, and contorting to find and pull out those packages at your first stops, remember to say a big thank you to UPS for providing us with their own version of a yoga program.

Alleycar

I had a dr appt last week and he told me *work* is not enough exercise and I need to do 30 min of cardio daily. So it looks like I am just going to need to call around and see what i can find out locally. Thank you very much guys =)

stink219

Where I am, my FREE TEAMSTER run medical benefits plan has a $150.00 a year reimbursement for joining a gym. All you do is give them a copy of your receipt and fill out a simple paper. Within a few week you get a check. I do that every January around the same time I get my taxes done for free also through our FREE legal services that the TEAMSTERS make available.