Fix SPA Scanner being on all the time

MattE

Hi probably an off the wall question, but I've been scanning lately on preload and the other day the scanner died. So they hooked up a new one. But it's set up to where you don't have to pull the trigger and it's always on. I'm used to having to pull the trigger and it has caused me to double scan on occasion. As far as I know I've noticed it and am not misPALing. At least not more than normal lol.

I tried to get my supervisor to find the sheet you can scan to set it up so you have to pull the trigger. But all she could find was the one to make it like it is now. And is telling me that's how it's always been. Anyways does anyone here know where I can find one of those sheets?

Thanks in advance

MattE

Yes. It's a powerscan 7000 if that helps. I downloaded the factory manual, but haven't looked through it yet. I was also concerned that it may have custom firmware and scanning something out of the manual would mess something up.

MattE

I scan about 3500 packages on a normal day. It's about to increase a good bit though.

And the problem is sometimes when I'm trying to turn a box to get to a label it will scan the box beside it when I'm not paying attention. Or it will sometimes scan both the maxi-code and the bar code and print two labels.

Where if it's set up to have to pull the trigger, I keep holding it while I'm near the label, and once it scans the label the laser goes off until I pull the trigger again. So I can flip boxes or whatever I need to do without it scanning a label I don't want it to scan.

And it's not a big deal. I can live with it. I def don't pull the trigger for no reason. I just would prefer it to be set up like it was before. As its what I'm use to. Thought maybe someone here knew where I could find the sheet to scan.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Hi probably an off the wall question, but I've been scanning lately on preload and the other day the scanner died. So they hooked up a new one. But it's set up to where you don't have to pull the trigger and it's always on. I'm used to having to pull the trigger and it has caused me to double scan on occasion. As far as I know I've noticed it and am not misPALing. At least not more than normal lol.

I tried to get my supervisor to find the sheet you can scan to set it up so you have to pull the trigger. But all she could find was the one to make it like it is now. And is telling me that's how it's always been. Anyways does anyone here know where I can find one of those sheets?

Thanks in advance
When i was in small sort last year scanning....scanner was always on. You just have to get used to it.

MattE

I know there's a paper out there you can scan to change it. My preload sup about 4 sups and 2 years ago knew where it was. I will get used to it if I must. But it does exist lol. I've used it before.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
C'mon Dave. It's always on now. He wants to go back to only on when the trigger is pulled.

I like it when ole' Dave weighs in on hub work. He's probably the best person to give advice on the subject since, he gave so many years of his life doing it...

Sent using a Potato

PT Car Washer

I meant the preload is a center operation and hub is a feeder operation. Different management and different procedures. Just because they both work out of the same building, sometimes I think we are different companies.

PT Car Washer

I did that job for a few months or couple years (long ago). It was great being the only preload employee working in the middle of a hub operation. No bosses and whenever someone on midnight was on vaca or called in you were present and available. Gave it up for the car wash and my eventual downfall.