Flag Day as holiday?

brownelf

Last week while doing pick-ups we were instructed to ask our customers whether they were open on Flag Day for business. Needless to say everyone is working that day, so I wasted more time asking the question than would've ever been saved by not making a delivery attempt on that day. Guess someone in IE was bored last week and needed to come up with something extra for us to do.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Are as allowed to use common sense? The day before the holiday you said "ill see you tomorrow." If they are close they will tell you.

This is not always the case. I have a delivery and pickup that always seems to forget to tell me if they will be closed for a holiday that we will be working. The center gets charged for every package that we scan on road as CLO H which is why they want us to ask so they can be pulled from the car. We are also asked to go through our cars before going on road to pull any stops which we know will be closed that day. NDPPH does not include CLO H pkgs.

Indecisi0n

This is not always the case. I have a delivery and pickup that always seems to forget to tell me if they will be closed for a holiday that we will be working. The center gets charged for every package that we scan on road as CLO H which is why they want us to ask so they can be pulled from the car. We are also asked to go through our cars before going on road to pull any stops which we know will be closed that day. NDPPH does not include CLO H pkgs.

You say work as directed but i am when its 9:01am and i am being told "Get the hell out of the garage now ! " by my boss. When do i have time in the morning ?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You say work as directed but i am when its 9:01am and i am being told "Get the hell out of the garage now ! " by my boss. When do i have time in the morning ?

This is why we ask our pickup customer's ahead of time.:wink2:

In my center we are asked to get any holiday closures to the PDS at least two days in advance so that he can adjust the dispatch accordingly. Is it 100%? No but I would rather not have to deal with a known closure so I try to make my list as accurate as possible.