Flavor of the Month.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I think we can all agree on this. If you type in your end work time on the powerpad but forget to clock out with the card scanners that shouldn't result in an OLCC. They should pay you up to the time you posted in the powerpad and say you're out of luck for the extra couple of minutes you would have gotten if you had punched out with the card scanner. FedEx makes things far more complicated and punitive than they need to with this kind of stuff.

All because it's an "audit issue". Whopptie friggin doo.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I think we can all agree on this. If you type in your end work time on the powerpad but forget to clock out with the card scanners that shouldn't result in an OLCC. They should pay you up to the time you posted in the powerpad and say you're out of luck for the extra couple of minutes you would have gotten if you had punched out with the card scanner.

Because no one would ever leave without clocking out and have a buddy enter a code 01 15 minutes later in the Powerpad and scribble their signature on the printed time card. And no one would have ever done that using the old paper time cards that we manually punched in and out with. And none of those things that no one would ever do had anything to do with us getting the electronic time card system that requires an actual swipe of the badge.

Not at all!

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
Because no one would ever leave without clocking out and have a buddy enter a code 01 15 minutes later in the Powerpad and scribble their signature on the printed time card. And no one would have ever done that using the old paper time cards that we manually punched in and out with. And none of those things that no one would ever do had anything to do with us getting the electronic time card system that requires an actual swipe of the badge.

Not at all!

MHMDmMT.jpg

Purplepackage

Hey for the upcoming week everyone remember no 4x10 can work over 10 hours, and you cannot go over 11 hours.

Unless it's Monday then you can work as many hours as you want

59 Dano

Oh, clearly.

/sarcasm

I mean, I'm aware that those of your ilk think that clocking out is no big deal and that a focus on making sure each employee clocks out as he should is just crazy talk. I get it. Unfortunately there are folks who are pretty creative about adding extra minutes to their paid time and that needs to be addressed.

Some address the missed punch-out with an OLCC and some don't. That's up to each manager to determine but if you are doing what you are supposed to be doing (punching out each day) then it's not an issue to worry about. If it's a recurring issue with an employee, well, he has problems.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I mean, I'm aware that those of your ilk think that clocking out is no big deal and that a focus on making sure each employee clocks out as he should is just crazy talk. I get it. Unfortunately there are folks who are pretty creative about adding extra minutes to their paid time and that needs to be addressed.

Some address the missed punch-out with an OLCC and some don't. That's up to each manager to determine but if you are doing what you are supposed to be doing (punching out each day) then it's not an issue to worry about. If it's a recurring issue with an employee, well, he has problems.

No, Shill. This company is obsessed with micro-managing every single aspect of your day. I'm waiting for the moment when I have a manager time my crap because I'm exceeding "standard" for taking a dump. It's like a police state, where your every move is monitored and measured, although in this case it seems to be more of a fear that you'll "steal" a minute of time from Fred.

Nobody is trusted, and nobody can deviate from the plan.

59 Dano

No, Shill. This company is obsessed with micro-managing every single aspect of your day. I'm waiting for the moment when I have a manager time my crap because I'm exceeding "standard" for taking a dump. It's like a police state, where your every move is monitored and measured, although in this case it seems to be more of a fear that you'll "steal" a minute of time from Fred.

Nobody is trusted, and nobody can deviate from the plan.

And the guilty dog always barks the loudest. If you think you're being micro-managed and are working in a police state because you're expected to punch-out when you leave, you have issues.

El Morado Diablo

Not at all!

It must be Hell for managers to spend so much of their time worrying about all the misdeeds their employees are supposedly trying to get away with every day. If only the company had some kind of mechanism to judge how well managers spend their time at work each day. Just because you're tethered to the job 24/7 doesn't mean you're actually getting anything done in a timely fashion.

I know entrance and security measures aren't the same at all locations. Why not just have card scanners that record the time you enter and leave the buildings? Your start time is already in the system so you wouldn't be getting paid extra for arriving before your scheduled start time.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American

Not at all!
Sounds like the voice of experience to me.

SmithBarney

And the guilty dog always barks the loudest. If you think you're being micro-managed and are working in a police state because you're expected to punch-out when you leave, you have issues.

The problem is we are punching out two times... once on the PPAD, once on the time clock, even once more if you count having to "check" your printed time card, then sign it. redundant? no more like remedial... company wants to save time, and therefore money right?