Flavor of the Week?

tourists24

Just kind of interested to see what the new flavor of the week was in your centers/hubs. There seems to be 2 in my center at this particular time. Coding your hour lunch in the board (not if you actually take it); and warning letters for safety violations. We had one given out last night for a driver running from the truck to the customers door (I kinda like this one). We are even getting paid to stretch out at our PCM. Wonder how long this will last.

metrophillyslub

Just kind of interested to see what the new flavor of the week was in your centers/hubs. There seems to be 2 in my center at this particular time. Coding your hour lunch in the board (not if you actually take it); and warning letters for safety violations. We had one given out last night for a driver running from the truck to the customers door (I kinda like this one). We are even getting paid to stretch out at our PCM. Wonder how long this will last.
the dreaded 15 minute window on pick ups .. yawn!

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
A renewed push for production along with the bewilderment as to why leads seem to dry up every time you push team beyond it's limits.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
DOK questions and irrelevant Telematics printouts.

I have noticed that the "flavors" are starting to last a little longer..sometimes up to a month. I liked it better when they changed weekly, that way you werent stuck with one long enough to really get sick of it.

I'm betting the flavors will start changing faster with the EBO. There are going to be a lot of management people trying desperately to justify their jobs, and the easiest way for them to do this will be to spew out as many memos and reports as possible in order to maintain the illusion that they are contributing something to the operation.

I am grateful for the fact that, as a driver, my job justifies itself. The truck is full when I leave in the morning and it is full again when I return at night.

ManUtd32780

15 minute pickup window is ours too. Also RTB time. They started putting up the board again with everyone's RTB time if you didn't make it. That's one of my favourites. We take turns taking it down and hiding the dry erase board.

Overpaid Union Thug

We started the 15 minute pickup compliance a while back. I was hoping it was a flavor of the month or a few months but its still here. Everyone hates it. I'm hoping that the new "Smart Pickups" will take some of the heat off. The times on some of our routes are impossible to work with. AM and Pm time is the latest flavor in my area. One of my new year resolutions was to completely ignore all of the BS numbers games that UPS tries to play with us.

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
In my center there's a potpourri of them, DOK question w 8 new question , ORO, S&V, Video tapping us at the intersection in front of the building, the 15 min pickup compliance, warring ltr for safety infraction, no lunch in DIAD and the best one of walking to slow, ha-ha. Things are bad, but like I tell everyone at the center " Do everything by the book ". Its kind of a pain in the ass, always looking in the mirror to see who following you, but I'm like 007 now and can spot them from a mile away.

helenofcalifornia

How many other centers circle the over allowed time on the WOR of the "poorly performing" drivers and leave it out for all other drivers to see?? Finally some one grieved this and it is no longer supposed to happen. It's harassment and should be handled on an individual basis.

Does this happen in your building?

Oh, flavor of the week? One hour lunches (don't even bother taking 1/2 hour lunches without prior approval) and everyone is having staggered start times so they can be lectured to on safety and health in the "Safety Zone." Safety gets soooo... old. Don't even start, UPS needs to practice it all the time or none of the time.

whiskey

DOK questions............there baaaaaack
Must maintain a SPORH of at least 23 and turn in at least two sales leads a week that generate new volume, air as well as ground. Preferably the high revenue international stuff. Other than that, everything is copacetic.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Oh, flavor of the week? One hour lunches (don't even bother taking 1/2 hour lunches without prior approval) .

We filed...and won...a grievance to force the company to allow us to take a 1/2 hr lunch without having to "beg" for approval that was never given.
The only exception is in cases where bona fide service issues (such as late closing pickups) require an hour lunch to be taken. The only reason they "require" an hour lunch in the first place is so that they can screw the people who want to go home early out of an hour's pay.

Pkgrunner

Till I Collapse
Oh, flavor of the week? One hour lunches (don't even bother taking 1/2 hour lunches without prior approval)

Have you checked with you local rider on this? State law is only 30 min. Just wondering if the hour is union imposed or employer imposed. In So Cal. Western Conference we are only required to take a 30 min. unpaid meal period.
Do you guys get the 2- 15 min paid breaks between the 2nd and 3rd hour and the 6th and 7th hour up there in the north?

helenofcalifornia

Union imposed, unfortunately. Why, I have no clue. The drivers that say if we had to take only 1/2 hour, UPS would impose more stops on us each day. Maybe, but probably not.

Pkgrunner

Till I Collapse
Union imposed, unfortunately. Why, I have no clue. The drivers that say if we had to take only 1/2 hour, UPS would impose more stops on us each day. Maybe, but probably not.
That sucks...but really, how many more stops can one do extra in 30 min and still make the air dock.
Do you take your 2 15-min paid breaks that are required by Ca labor law or is skipping them conveniently overlooked and unenforced unlike the unpaid meal period is here in the South? ...does that sentence make sense?