Florida UPS driver exposed himself to a young girl.

What should happen to a driver who engages in this behavior?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Couple of things

First, he confessed to the act, it was not accidental exposure.

Secondly, since it is a sexual act involving a minor under the age of 16, in most states the DA is required to have a guilty plea, or procecute. That way he will be mandated to be on the offender role.

Mistakes happen. This was not a mistake.

As for the mental state of the man, that is for someone else to decide. But UPS does not need to keep a liability like this around. Period.

d

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
One more item. Some of you act as though this is not very serious. "not like he molested the girl" type attitude.

Please understand, this is deadly serious. At best he will serve some jail time, with the lifetime bond of being known as a sex offender. Its a done deal, no matter what else happens.

You can play with the semantics of guilt or no. He admitted it. Its a done deal. Period.

Everything else is just show.

d

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Many years of sucking in the brown dust will do things to ya.......

Not all good, but not all bad either.....

Course you are a damnable Yankee, so that would explain some of our disagreements?:wink2:

d

feeder

Central Pa Member
So the guy exposed himself. It's not like he committed any act of violence or anything against the kid. Should he be fired? Sure! Castrated? A little extreme, don't ya think? Not condoning this, but you guys are talking about him like he's a rapist.

This bad and ugly situation is one that cannot be explain: Robbing a bank, yea, you did it for the money, maybe lost of job or buying drugs ect. or killing somebody, murder, yea, maybe, someone made ya mad or got into your business of sort, dont get me wrong, this crimes are definetly wrong, but sexual lewdness, rape, or child molesting, anything that would put your name in the Megan's or Child protective website, CAN'T BE EXPLAINED

DownsizedUPS'er

missing my UPS family
This bad and ugly situation is one that cannot be explain: Robbing a bank, yea, you did it for the money, maybe lost of job or buying drugs ect. or killing somebody, murder, yea, maybe, someone made ya mad or got into your business of sort, dont get me wrong, this crimes are definetly wrong, but sexual lewdness, rape, or child molesting, anything that would put your name in the Megan's or Child protective website, CAN'T BE EXPLAINED

nor should they be. there is no excuse. and for him to be caught in the act means he has been doing this for a while. you never get caught on the first act.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
So the guy exposed himself. It's not like he committed any act of violence or anything against the kid. Should he be fired? Sure! Castrated? A little extreme, don't ya think? Not condoning this, but you guys are talking about him like he's a rapist.

Sorry, you hit a nerve. Do you have children? Little children? Little girl children? Unlike yourself, a child cannot protect him/herself like we adults can. They can only report what they see/saw. You and I, on the other hand could've/would've reached out and grabbed that guy by the SCHWANZ, and ripped it off.

I think you need to have a little more empathy with the victim, yes victim, of this crime. Two crimes were commited here. The first was exposure of sexual organs. The second was taking the innocense from that child. Get the big picture here. This guy is a monster, whether he did it to one child or a 100, he needs to pay the penalty for that crime. He'd better thank God that I wasn't nearby when this happened.

That's all I have to say about that!

dannyboy

From the promised LAND

Blue

There are people in this world that think every human ought to be exposed to sex before the age of 8. And they also would not see a big deal in what this driver did. Much like the way you phrased your first sentence.

What he did was a violent act against the kid. You think violence only involves fists and bloody force? HE used his position to force the girl to see him. And while this type of action is sick, involving a child makes it that much worse.

STeve, I dont know how I missed the post, thanks for calling attention to it.

d

Re-Raise

Sorry, you hit a nerve. Do you have children? Little children? Little girl children? Unlike yourself, a child cannot protect him/herself like we adults can. They can only report what they see/saw. You and I, on the other hand could've/would've reached out and grabbed that guy by the SCHWANZ, and ripped it off.

I think you need to have a little more empathy with the victim, yes victim, of this crime. Two crimes were commited here. The first was exposure of sexual organs. The second was taking the innocense from that child. Get the big picture here. This guy is a monster, whether he did it to one child or a 100, he needs to pay the penalty for that crime. He'd better thank God that I wasn't nearby when this happened.

That's all I have to say about that!

Amen Steve. I have two daughters. This incident has forever changed that little girl.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
This kind of action is nothing new to UPS or its drivers. Its unfortunate, but happens all the time.

Just last year, a driver in San Diego was sentenced to 15 years for raping a woman while on duty in her apartment. It took 2 trials, but he was convicted in the second,

Last year, a driver was fired in so.cal for exposing himself to a group of teenage girls at a local high school while on duty, the driver claimed it was only a joke as one of the girls "flashed" him first.

A few years ago, a driver in so. cal had a practice of flirting with a woman at a realty office while he made deliveries, the woman also engaged in "seedy" conversations with the driver and made a comment to the driver that "she" would love to see him naked. the driver made a decision to take some photos of himself and while making a delivery, passed the photos to the woman. She freaked out and called the poice who quickly stopped the UPS truck and arrested the driver. He decided to resign vs. fighting the charge and embarrassing himself to his wife.

There are also PHONY charges made all the time. 3 years ago, a 17 year veteran driver made an indirect delivery to an apartment. The woman who signed for the package came out of her apartment and made contact with our driver as he was knocking on the neighbors door. Our driver took the package to her and had her sign for it.

He went on his way. (it was 10:15am) When he returned to the building at 7pm, he was called into the office where LP, HR and the center mgr was waiting. They asked if anything unusual happened during the day.

He responded, NO. They went thru a series of useless questions rather than just handling the problem headon, until the driver asked; "what is this about?" The company then said: "we're terminating you for sexual battery!"

(Cutting to the chase), the woman called UPS and said that our driver "attacked" her while making the indirect. She claimed among many things, that he grabbed her rear end, stroked her chest, pulled her into him to the point where she could feel his erect johnson on her leg, and told her he wanted to come in and engage in a sexual act with her.

Her statement was full of comments like these. She also claimed to have called the police and filed a police report.

The company NEVER verified anything she said and made the decision to fire our driver based solely on her WORD.

The shop steward, ME, took it upon myself to investigate this case. First stop, the police. Surprise, no call. Second discovery, she made a similar charge against the fedex guy. Third discovery, neighbors say she was nuts.

The key to this case was UPS data. Since it was during NDA deliveries, the sparcs report turned out to be invaluable. The stop before was 1 minute and 20 secs before with a signature and the stop afterwards was 2 minutes 25 seconds later with a signature.

The woman claimed this "attack" took between 15 and 20 mins.

The police went to this womans house after I contacted them about her claim in her statement. When they arrived, her story changed completely and they determined she was making a false charge.

Our driver was reinstated after I submitted my investigation to the division manager, and an apology was given to him. He was out 3 weeks.

Many things happen on the road, some true, some false.

Who knows, but an investigation is needed in all cases.

We have our share of wierdos and victims.:halfdead:

rod

Retired 22 years
There was a strange case a few years ago where one of our drivers was pulled over, handcuffed and arrested for making lewd comments to a little boy. Seems that the boy answered the door just as the driver opened it to set the package inside. The driver yelled "UPS" and the little boy though he said something about "your penis" and told his mother who called the cops. Remember-2 sides to every story.