Flu Shots

What are your flu shot plans this year?

• I will get the regular flu shot.

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • I will get the H1N1 flu shot(s).

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I will get regular AND H1N1 flu shots.

Votes: 19 23.5%
  • I will not get any flu shots.

Votes: 54 66.7%

• Total voters

over9five

Staff member
"Experts" are recommending up to 3 flu shots this year, one regular flu shot and two H1N1 flu shots.

Story

What are your flu shot plans?

moreluck

golden ticket member
I already got my regular flu shot and am waiting 'til the H1N1 shot is out. I already have a compromised immune system, so I take all protection available. I got the pneumonia shot last year.

klein

Für Meno :)
Have no attention pumping my body with potential deadly viruses. I know too many people getting sicker then ever after flu-shots. Even the goverment doesn't even know if the H1N1 flu-shot is safe, or effective. It is free here, so cost is of no matter, but, I'm kinda flu-immune anyways. I would worry more, effecting myself with those shots.

Last edited:

moreluck

golden ticket member
As usual, KIA, you've got it wrong....the flu shot is NOT live viruses. Grow up !!

You're flu-immune??? You'll be the biggest baby when you get it. :anxious:

fethrs

I've heard so many people tell me not to get the flu shot for one reason or another and they are usually :censored2: reasons. Two years ago I did not get a flu shot and got very, very sick with the flu, seems like everyone around me at work had it and it was pretty bad.
Last year I got the shot and haven't been sick once. It's free and it works for me, that's all I need. I'll do both this year too.

moreluck

golden ticket member
We have a couple in our neighborhood who refuse to get flu shots and every year they come down with it and I take them chicken soup to get them better. I think they just like my homemade soup. I remind them every year....."time to get a flu shot".

rod

Retired 22 years
I never got flu shots until I retired. Now I get them every year because- well because I have to fill my day doing something. A person can only fish, ride motorcycles or goof off so much you know.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I never got flu shots until I retired. Now I get them every year because- well because I have to fill my day doing something. A person can only fish, ride motorcycles or spend time on Brown Cafe so much you know.

(Sorry, Rod, you made it too easy.:wink2:)

Big Babooba

My Three Shots:
One Bourbon
One Scotch
One Beeyah

[video=youtube;OOVS14X3dfA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOVS14X3dfA&feature=fvw[/video]​

wkmac

I'm gonna pass on the flu shot myself. No guarantee either way but I'm already hitting about 6k mg per day of Vit. C, upped my Vit. D intake along with a good multi-vit. Also 80% of the immune process is in the digestive process so I'm taking a probiotic also along with good rest and trying to do a better job of eating :spaghetti::its_all_good::bigsmile2:
My doctor gave me those ideas as an option if I didn't want to take the shot as he was cool either way. More, I can completely understand your situation. Doc also told me that by being smart, I limit my risks and if exposed I many have little effects and possible none at all depending on degree of exposure but that in itself would act like a vaccine with my body having built the anti-bodies and then I'm good to go.

Here is the CDC's weekly flu surveillance reports for the last 10 years and are worth some reading just to get an idea of some typical trends and risks associated with this.

Hope and pray everyone stays well no matter what course of action they take.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
I hate needles.

I will get a flu shot.

I depend too much on others, they allow me into their life to assist them as a volunteer, to risk illness to stop me.

Because, for me, it is true.
Helping others, I am the one who benefits the most.

Allowing something like the flu, to slow me down, foolish.
Allowing something that I could prevent, slow me down, stupid.

But that is just me...try to stop me.

tworavens

JuniorMember for 24 Years
I have never gotten a flu shot.
I have had the flu twice in my adult life, that I know of. The last one was three months ago, and it turned out to be H1N1. I missed 2 days of work because of it. Now I'm down to only 400 hours of sick pay left.
I have no intention of getting a flu shot this year or any year. Superior genetics will see me through. I wish I were taller though.

klein

Für Meno :)
Yeah, think twice

1) Do I want to live?
2) Do I want to die from influenza ?

Right again, Klein

Watch that video and look what happened with the last big flushots in the USA back in 1976 ! 26 dead, and hundreds paralyzed from those shots.

http://news.globaltv.com/video/index.html?releasePID=oZg_aE_liGqG05nEIW9aOcaKAUP96jjS

and btw: Globalnews here is like CNN to you. It's national and very well respected. Seen every day coast to coast.

And moreluck, this is a poll, last time I looked you're in the miniorty here...

PS: Notice the fedex truck in it ! LOL

Last edited:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
No flu shots here. I will refrain from picking my nose and/or putting my hands in my mouth, eyes or ears. I won't kiss hello/goodbye or shake hands with anyone. I will wash my hands before eating. This should do the job, I think.:wink2: