FMLA question

M

MenInBrown

so I am on fmla leave for the birth of my 3rd child. I was just informed by my center manager that I don't get paid for my personal days, which are suppose to be used up during my fmla, until ups pays out unused days towards the end of the year. Anyone know anything about this? When I signed up for fmla it clearly states that all of your vacation and personal days would be used except one week of vacation.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
so I am on fmla leave for the birth of my 3rd child. I was just informed by my center manager that I don't get paid for my personal days, which are suppose to be used up during my fmla, until ups pays out unused days towards the end of the year. Anyone know anything about this? When I signed up for fmla it clearly states that all of your vacation and personal days would be used except one week of vacation.
If they won't cut you a check for your unused days, call your Steward. You are correct in regard to FMLA.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Congratulations on the baby.

You are correct in that you should have been paid for any remaining personal time that you have left on the books and should not have to wait until UPS decides to cut you a check in the middle of December.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
You can cash out all of your personal days and vacations at one time if you choose to. FMLA will protect your job. Your sick days may have to wait till the end of the year. Not sure on sick days...but optional days and vacas are fair game.

undies

I scheduled my vacation time just before I took my FMLA to extend the time off. Ended up with 10 paid weeks and 6 unpaid. Since I got new vacation recently, I can now use those to pay for the remaining unpaid weeks. Yay babies.

Z

ZQXC

so, did the "so" add anything to the meaning of the first sentence.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Make sure to save some FMLA so you can "play Daddy" when your child is 5 months old.

Who didn't see this post coming? You can use it whenever the hell you want in the first year. Fmla is to bond with your child. My baby girl is 4.5 months old, and to be honest I think bonding now would be more beneficial (for her anyway) than when she could hardly open her eyes