FMLA question

VonDutch

Bite your tongue, Missy
...and some people think enough of their co-workers not to screw them over by scheduling FMLA during Peak so they can stay home and play Daddy to their 5 month old child...

At the end of their life how many of those coworkers are going to be their for that person as opposed to their family?
And if someone was truly a good coworker they would support their fellow UPSers regardless of when that person was in need.
Your statement stands as true reflection of how little you think of your coworkers and more of a testament to your petty selfishness.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
...and some people think enough of their co-workers not to screw them over by scheduling FMLA during Peak so they can stay home and play Daddy to their 5 month old child...
I'm sorry, but when a driver is out (vacation, FMLA, comp...whatever the reason) in the BOG, do they cut up the bid driver's route every day he's out and dump that work on the surrounding routes? Or do they have a cover driver, or because it's peak...a seasonal run that route? If it's the latter, how the hell does John Smith being out (regardless of the reason) affect all the BOG drivers to the point where they feel screwed over?

Tell Rowdy I said hi.

VonDutch

Bite your tongue, Missy
I'm sorry, but when a driver is out (vacation, FMLA, comp...whatever the reason) in the BOG, do they cut up the bid driver's route every day he's out and dump that work on the surrounding routes? Or do they have a cover driver, or because it's peak...a seasonal run that route? If it's the latter, how the hell does John Smith being out (regardless of the reason) affect all the BOG drivers to the point where they feel screwed over?

Tell Rowdy I said hi.

They dared give Davey even one stop off the driver with fmla's route so he's outraged.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

At the end of their life how many of those coworkers are going to be their for that person as opposed to their family?
And if someone was truly a good coworker they would support their fellow UPSers regardless of when that person was in need.
Your statement stands as true reflection of how little you think of your coworkers and more of a testament to your petty selfishness.

My stand on this is based on the employee scheduling FMLA for a non-medical related issue during our busiest time of the year.

We have a driver who has a young set of twins. One of them has health issues. If these issues ever got to the point where he felt the need to use FMLA I would fully support him.

What I am talking about is the employee who schedules FMLA during Peak under the guise of "bonding".

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
My stand on this is based on the employee scheduling FMLA for a non-medical related issue during our busiest time of the year.

We have a driver who has a young set of twins. One of them has health issues. If these issues ever got to the point where he felt the need to use FMLA I would fully support him.

What I am talking about is the employee who schedules FMLA during Peak under the guise of "bonding".
While I'm sure ALL the other drivers in the BOG fall all over each other trying to win your support...how does a guy being out on FMLA directly affect you?

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Good thing it's not up to you to authorize FMLA leave....nobody would ever qualify.

What driver wouldn't schedule something....a surgery, child , or whatever for peak season? Hmm, I can not go to work and spend time with my family.....god, that would suck

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I kind of agree with Upstate to a point. Last year I had my knee surgery in August with my goal to be back for peak. It was a matter of pride (never missed a day during peak) and financial. If the OP wants time off during peak to "bond" with his child that is his choice but it might be in his best interest to wait until January to do this and bank the overtime in the child's college fund.

govols019

You smell that?
I don't concern myself with why someone is taking FMLA. I've never once felt "screwed over" by someone else's FMLA. Staffing is UPS managements problem, not mine.

degill7994

You can cash out all of your personal days and vacations at one time if you choose to. FMLA will protect your job. Your sick days may have to wait till the end of the year. Not sure on sick days...but optional days and vacas are fair game.
They will use your sick days as well.

bumped

so I am on fmla leave for the birth of my 3rd child. I was just informed by my center manager that I don't get paid for my personal days, which are suppose to be used up during my fmla, until ups pays out unused days towards the end of the year. Anyone know anything about this? When I signed up for fmla it clearly states that all of your vacation and personal days would be used except one week of vacation.

The FMLA form is a general form used for UPS. The FMLA laws differ from state to state. I am not obligated to use vacations/personal days for my FMLA. I just cross off that part on the form due to state laws.