FMLA

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by dilligaf, Feb 15, 2008.

1. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

2. trplnkl

trplnkl 555

people contact your congress reps ASAP and let them know if you are against these changes.
    I realize that many here aren't concerned with FMLA too much, " I won't ever need that". People you never know what can happen in the blink of an eye.

3. trickpony1

trickpony1 Well-Known Member

It would be nice if one of our more academically inclined members would compose a form letter that we, the members/visitors of BrownCafe, could download, print, sign and mail to our respective lawmakers.

I'm just a dumb truckdriver or I would volunteer to write such a draft/brief.

I think a mass mailing would have more effect then a few phone calls to the receptionist.

4. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

You are so very right. I never thought in a million years I would need it. Especially in our job, Its hard to get a day off when you need it, most times. The intermittent leave saves our butts. It saved mine. I took it last July, when my husband had a heart attack. I had to have peak day off to be with my husband for a procedure, it could not be delayed. I felt like crap to bow out on my team, when I had to take off. Management knew I had to have it, but of course were not happy, but understood. And guess what, they survived. Had I not been on FMLA, Lord only knows what I would have went through.
    I will see if I can get together a list of email/phone numbers, and a form letter, but it may take me some time. Im not very academic, just a dumb trucker too. If someone has this stuff and beats me to it, Yea!!!!!!!!, but it should be done.