Focus courier

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Focus-Smockos,
They'll be focusing on someone else in less than 2 weeks. Just keep your nose clean till this (as it always does) passes.

snowcat66

Well my little station has finally caught up with rest of Fedex world. They have hired 4 courier/handlers. couple handlers and a swing . the swing right off the street cause no one would transfer in.. so funny how they use to have an act of God to get more people so they just gave out overtime like candy.. now its open check book to make sure ot is almost non existent..

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
What is that? One who is not hitting goals?

In these areas, we call them focus routes to evaluate the route as opposed to the courier WINK WINK. A focus route is a route (not a courier, WINK WINK) that consistently runs under 100% of its onroad goal and/or has service issues.

The period in which a route (not courier, WINK WINK) is being focused on in the areas where I work will usually include a week when the courier (who is not the subject of the focus, WINK WINK) is off and a swing is running the route. Strange coincidence, eh?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
In these areas, we call them focus routes to evaluate the route as opposed to the courier WINK WINK. A focus route is a route (not a courier, WINK WINK) that consistently runs under 100% of its onroad goal and/or has service issues.

The period in which a route (not courier, WINK WINK) is being focused on in the areas where I work will usually include a week when the courier (who is not the subject of the focus, WINK WINK) is off and a swing is running the route. Strange coincidence, eh?

Yeah, I used to be a focus route when I first started my route. I was running about 70% on Mondays and 80% the rest of the week. I heard all about the creative ways the previous courier ran the route. I refused to do anything but run the route by best practices. My manager rode with me twice and realized I wasn't the problem, the numbers were. :)

bbsam

Staff member
It's really kind of pathetic. We get it from time to time, a different contractor every few months. I don't lose sleep over it. I've been doing this for 20 years. They know what they're going to get, good, bad, and.ugly.

Nolimitz

BS... I was running well over 100% everyday and became a focus rte. nothing changed. same rte. same numbers

Purplepackage

I've never heard of this but I'll tell you what, there are a few couriers in my building who may need a "focus route". Frankly I don't know how they continue to get away with what they are doing.

One guy has a downtown city route, just downtown mind you there are 2 other routes who cover other parts of the city, yet he makes a 10-11 hour day out of it everyday. But yet when a swing covers that route they barely make 7.5 hours

It will be fine

Say a courier is running 100% consistently. They will just get more work and a higher goal right.
What's the alternative? Give them less work so they can be less productive? Perhaps keep the route the same, but every company will push its people to be more productive. I'm not sure why anyone would expect otherwise.

l22

What's the alternative? Give them less work so they can be less productive? Perhaps keep the route the same, but every company will push its people to be more productive. I'm not sure why anyone would expect otherwise.

I don't know. I'm just saying from the courier's perspective isn't it better float around whatever number the goal is but not too much above or below?