Follow me on Twitter?

klein

Für Meno :)
TSN (Canadian sister company of ESPN) just got thousands of tweets and fb messages, because they were airing an American Football game that is currently in OT, instead of the Finnland-Slovakia World Junior Hockey game.

Boy or boy, they did ever switch over quickly :)

TSN (Canadian sister company of ESPN) just got thousands of tweets and fb messages, because they were airing an American Football game that is currently in OT, instead of the Finnland-Slovakia World Junior Hockey game.

Oh Thank God!
images

moreluck

golden ticket member

Are you going to spread this crap over every thread ?????? I thought you made it a Current Event. That wasn't good enough, so now it's Life After Brown"..........Look, Loonie.............it's SPORTS. If you don't post it in sports, then that tells me you don't consider it a sport either......maybe hockey players should wear rainbow shirts!!!!! Maybe all hockey players are LGBT members!!! I'll bet that's some locker room action they got going on!!

klein

Für Meno :)
Hey, twitter has a huge impact in todays world !
This is just 1 example that is VERY current !

Bank of America, Verizon, Netflix, and other companies recently had to change thier decisions upon fb and Twitter !

texan

Are you going to spread this crap over every thread ?????? I thought you made it a Current Event. That wasn't good enough, so now it's Life After Brown"..........Look, Loonie.............it's SPORTS. If you don't post it in sports, then that tells me you don't consider it a sport either......maybe hockey players should wear rainbow shirts!!!!! Maybe all hockey players are LGBT members!!! I'll bet that's some locker room action they got going on!!

I just knew that would trip your trigger.

texan

I agree with moreluck sir. You calibrated me for posting my past experience of hockey on the World Jr Hockey
thread that Pro Hockey should not be mentioned, and moreluck calibrated you.

Bless you sir.

Last edited:
Hey, twitter has a huge impact in todays world !
This is just 1 example that is VERY current !

Bank of America, Verizon, Netflix, and other companies recently had to change thier decisions upon fb and Twitter !

You are so right! Not just Twitter but FB as well as all of the internet. Used to be you had to live next door to someone to have them annoy the shiz out of you. Now ,thanks to technology, you can bug the hell out of people thousands of miles away with the stroke of a few keys.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I dont need to know what some celebrity is having for breakfast, or what he is wearing, or that he has to go poop, or anything else like that. And I cannot imagine anybody caring about what I happen to be doing or thinking every moment of the day. I dont mind learning about new technology, but I am going to do it at my own pace and on my terms. Just because "everybody else" is doing it doesnt mean I have to. I do have a Facebook page that my wife and daughter set up for me, but I never spend any time on it and I go weeks at a time without even checking it. My wife and daughter love posting things on it, adding pics etc. but as far as social media goes, Brown Cafe is pretty much it for me.

moreluck

golden ticket member
My kids and grandkids are all on facebook. I have an e-mail address. If they want to give me a message they can email me. They sure as hell knew my address when they had ideas for THEIR Christmas gifts!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have a facebook page primarily because my kids do. I don't Twitter.

Klein does make a valid point about the impact social media websites can have in today's world. Bank of America and Verizon Wireless scrapped plans to add monthly fees based in part on feedback from Twitter.

texan

My kids and grandkids are all on facebook. I have an e-mail address. If they want to give me a message they can email me. They sure as hell knew my address when they had ideas for THEIR Christmas gifts!!

:blushing2: I agree. It is like people who must answer their phones ot tweats/ texts / emails immediatley while talking to me or others.

What ever happened to voicemail and I will get to it in email when I can. Instant generation and stress.

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
Does anyone on BC follow anyone on TWITTER?

Who do you follow? and why?

I don't follow anyone on Twitter.
I know this would be a better "poll question".

@cnet
@msemilymccombs
@barackobama
@justin
@bbcbreaking

To name a few. There's a lot out there to learn and a lotta crap too, same with everything.