"Follow My Delivery" Map-Based Tracking Service

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Check out the PCM on upsers.com.

My Choice members will soon (April 14th) be able to track our package cars on a live map that updates every 2-3 minutes. At roll out it will only be for Next day airs.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Wasn't too long ago they said we would have the tech to print tracking into the labels. Soon people will be able to track their packages real time.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Wasn't too long ago they said we would have the tech to print tracking into the labels. Soon people will be able to track their packages real time.

They talked about this when I went to driving school. There was going to be an RF device implanted in the label to allow for real time tracking. This was in the mid 90's so I would think the technology has improved since then.

Overpaid Union Thug

Check out the PCM on upsers.com.

My Choice members will soon (April 14th) be able to track our package cars on a live map that updates every 2-3 minutes. At roll out it will only be for Next day airs.
This will be an epic annoyance for drivers in areas such as mine that deliver allot of NDA VA meds. However....it will be a relief for the OMSs in those areas because some of those customers will be able to track us down instead of calling the center ever 30 minutes wanting to know where their crack.....uh......"pain medicine" is.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
However....it will be a relief for the OMSs in those areas because some of those customers will be able to track us down instead of calling the center ever 30 minutes wanting to know where their crack.....uh......"pain medicine" is.
I'm sure they'll still roll in.

"Why isn't the tracking working?"

"It's 930, why isn't my ground package here? It says it's on the truck"

"My cousin saw a UPS truck in the next county. But my tracking says the vehicle is a mile over. Why is your tracking lying?"

I actually think it's funny. Customers will probably have a better tracking interface than we will.

Box Ox

This could end up being a mess. Most customers are totally reasonable but there will always be an entitled few who think they're your only stop for the day. They want their package and they want it NOW. Their wife is going after them about it. They have somewhere to be. It would make their kid's day to get it earlier. And now they'll have this. So much time wasted being stopped on route and/or having to explain yourself.

I get that the company wants to look cool and technologically advanced. But I don't think it'll make up for the potential cons of angry customers driving around trying to track down drivers with 2-3 minute old location information. Particularly in areas with later commit times (or no commit times for very distant areas) for NDA deliveries where this could go on all day.

Two Points Under Customers' Frequently Asked Questions at the end of the release on UPSers are particularly thought provoking to me. Don't the Company's answers sort of indicate there won't be any actual usefulness to the system in the first place?

Last edited by a moderator:

10 point

All the more reason to pass out the center's unlisted phone number.

They make me visible to any Tom, Dick, or Harry..
I make them reachable to the same.

Thats just what we need at peak while in the hood at 8 PM.
Fools. This should be a national Art 18 grievance and a class action lawsuit after the first robbery is linked to it.