Follow ORION 85% or....

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Maybe that's why it is harder for me to learn a route with orion. I don't look at their silly map. Before or after I'm on the clock. I scroll through the diad and see what stops I have for the day and run them the best I can. Hell with orion.
I do not see how you can learn a route with Orion. I dont think you ever get the area knowledge us senior people got. I was looking for a street one day, I called the driver who usually carries it, and asked him which rd to go down to get to x. He says, I cant really tell you where it is, I usually just run into it.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Orion was designed to increase stops per car and stops per mile. They say it's to reduce miles but it's real purpose is to create 2 or more stops per 1/2 mile. Notice the centers with Orion cut the most routes? That's not a coincidence. It's what they really designed it for.

It is there to increase production overall. If it was only all about miles, you would never see crazy split work or such.

Orion is ALL about production.

iruhnman630

we got hit with the "REDUCE MILES and REDUCE BACKS" pcm a while back, 50 drivers replied, "which one?"
I had an orion champion tell me he was 'ordering' me to back into driveways to avoid going around the block.

Now the 'back too much' report is posted next to the 'didnt back enough' report.

You cant make this stuff up.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I got a new approach today. " Lets try to have a day like friday again" Instead of "you sucked yesterday." I went with the rah, rah, and said "Ok, take 20 stops off, and 100 pieces, and we will", rah, rah. its math, I cant fix it.

iruhnman630

Orion is about production.

Case in point: I covered a route on Monday I hadnt run in 2 years.

It is a heavy commercial route, and the only sendible way to run it is finish bus deliveries, take break, any resis as time permits, pickups, then resis.

Monday Orion had 30 house stops looped, erratically, in with the bus.

I tried to follow it till I realised there was no chance of that working.

130 over

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Orion is about production.

Case in point: I covered a route on Monday I hadnt run in 2 years.

It is a heavy commercial route, and the only sendible way to run it is finish bus deliveries, take break, any resis as time permits, pickups, then resis.

Monday Orion had 30 house stops looped, erratically, in with the bus.

I tried to follow it till I realised there was no chance of that working.

130 over
130 is scratch to me.

iruhnman630

I just covered a route for 3 weeks.

After several episodes of horrible dispatches, talked to for not being 85%, then too high over, then not meeting miles, I finally got pissed on Thursday and blew off Orion and ran the route right.

83%, and beat Orion by 3 miles.

Should have heard the att-a-boys.

JackStraw

Have not mentioned it in our center for weeks. And now, we are delivering our off routes. Today I went 4 towns out of my area to deliver an OR. was 14 miles over. Maybe UPS is bringing back it's last name.

Overpaid Union Thug

We were slammed today. My preloader had a terrible morning. I stuck with EDD 100% of the day and only switched to ORION just out of curiosity. Hell, I probably didn't even hit 87% with EDD either. And I don't now how many miles I was over/under.

Mr.Golden

Orion was designed to increase stops per car and stops per mile. They say it's to reduce miles but it's real purpose is to create 2 or more stops per 1/2 mile. Notice the centers with Orion cut the most routes? That's not a coincidence. It's what they really designed it for.

It is there to increase production overall. If it was only all about miles, you would never see crazy split work or such.

Orion is ALL about production.

The only why to stop that is to have all the drivers take their break 12-1 or by contract. This will make them have to put more routes out...according to my union stewart