Follow UPS Guidelines - What Guidelines?

srudbyups

you know I once believe just do your job, act safely and everything will be alright! Ups does what they want, they breed hate, and you know what some people believe that the harder they work the more they are owed! Lenexa had a bonus driver with 30 years, who really didn't believe in the union! he just lost his job for using company credit card for personal use, ups has no guidelines they just make it up as they go along- whatever suits them at the time! See he really believed they owed him.

Re: No tolerance accident policy in feeders

you know I once believe just do your job, act safely and everything will be alright! Ups does what they want, they breed hate, and you know what some people believe that the harder they work the more they are owed! Lenexa had a bonus driver with 30 years, who really didn't believe in the union! he just lost his job for using company credit card for personal use, ups has no guidelines they just make it up as they go along- whatever suits them at the time! See he really believed they owed him.
Using the company credit card for personal use is just plain stupid. What the heck did he think, they were just gonna let something so blatant go? a 30 year driver dang sure should know better than this.

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer

FYI - I don't believe that UPS has guidelines for removing the engine from a feeder truck and installing it it your personal lawnmower, either, but I would lean towards a not very good reaction from UPS if you did so. Just trying to help.

over9five

Staff member

FYI - I don't believe that UPS has guidelines for removing the engine from a feeder truck and installing it it your personal lawnmower, either, but I would lean towards a not very good reaction from UPS if you did so. Just trying to help.

Same thing with borrowing a package car to move with. No guidelines, and no sense of humor either!

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer

Oh, and picking up prostitutes in a PC, wanting to show them your "DIAD"? Definitely a no-no.

Trust me on this

over9five

Staff member

And don't use the PC to take all your leaves to the dump.

I didn't see a problem, but....

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer

Trying to help by "Being Green", selling all the shelving for aluminum scrap? They were not amused. Plus I didn't get much.

over9five

Staff member
They really hated when I parked the tractor at home for lunch and siphoned 20 gallons a week of fuel for my furnace.

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
They really hated when I parked the tractor at home for lunch and siphoned 20 gallons a week of fuel for my furnace.

See, you shoulda asked - you never siphon more than 10 gallons at a time. Do 5-10 gallons at a time, and you can siphon it out daily.

Oh, and selling Surplus Diesel with no clear origin? Both UPS and the government not so happy with that, although I can't get UPS to show me where in the guidelines that it is wrong.

rod

Retired 22 years
It was sooooooooooooooooo much easier back in the days when we could do the "petty cash" thing. I stiil have a Mag Light UPS bought for me because the cargo light was so dim you couldn't read lables after dark. We weren't suppose to petty cash anything over 5 bucks but I got tired asking for a better cargo light so I just went and got my flashlight and took the cost out of my COD turn in money. ( thats how petty cash worked back then) The center manager was a little upset but he got over it. (they also bought the batteries until the petty cash thing ended. I used that flashlight at work for many years.) :wink2:

P

pickup

Sometimes I am assigned to bring an empty trailer back to my terminal and just to be "green" and to make a few bucks on the side , I arrange with a local farmer to transport his potatoes in the trailer. The destination is kind of in the same direction as my ups destination. Do you mean to tell me I might be fired for this?

DS

Fenderbender
Sometimes I am assigned to bring an empty trailer back to my terminal and just to be "green" and to make a few bucks on the side , I arrange with a local farmer to transport his potatoes in the trailer. The destination is kind of in the same direction as my ups destination. Do you mean to tell me I might be fired for this?

YES

User Name

Only 230 Today?? lol
I know of a driver that was fired for stopping out in front of a new house construction and saw 2x4 out front. Yup, he put them in the package car and took them home. R u KIdding Me????????? (was fired and got his job back) Sometimes you have to chalk it up to STUPID PEOPLE ARE JUST STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!

Re-Raise

My family raised Christmas trees for years. One driver stopped and bought a fresh cut tree on his way back to the center. Not sure if anyone ever wondered about the pine needles in the back of the PC or not.

tae111

I once bought a row boat on my route. I lived on route so i slid it in the back of my package car( couldn't close the doors it hung out about 3 feet) and dropped it off at the house.

rod

Retired 22 years
I once bought a row boat on my route. I lived on route so i slid it in the back of my package car( couldn't close the doors it hung out about 3 feet) and dropped it off at the house.

Sounds like the time I hauled an 18 foot canoe back in my 800. There was a couple of feet sticking out the back on that one also. I've also been known to haul a motoycycle, building materials and yes a Christmas tree or two- but everyone hauled Christmas trees didn't they? Almost forgot- I hauled my wife along a time or two also when I was 1st married and running a 250 mile shuttle route at night. Nothing like being a member of the "Done it in a UPS truck Club:happy2:

ups1990

What does UPS owe us? A correct paycheck at the end of the week. Benefits outlined in the NMA. Our entitled vacation earned. Can anyone else think of something else they owe us, besides using their credit card?