Following edd stop for stop

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Littlearrowdown, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Can you get disciplined for following edd even if it makes no sense?

Lasted edited by : Oct 23, 2014
  2. *

Lasted edited by : Oct 23, 2014
  3. Shifting Contents

Shifting Contents Most Help Needed

You can get a spanking.

4. Shifting Contents

Shifting Contents Most Help Needed

Seriously, no. But you better break off for commits. missing commits is something that you will get disciplined for. But don't worry. Orion will fix it.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  5. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

You need to be a mathmetician. I followed it today, the first time I ever could keep up. Most days I have to pull 15 times for the bad edd. For some ungodly reason every thing out of sync was an air. I had a great day. Never happens, Think it was fixed.

6. The Driver

The Driver Active Member

I follow EDD 90% of the time or more, usually. It even got me in trouble today a little, some cul-de-sac was looped the opposite way. I guess I shouldn't tune out so much.

7. In one area then 15 stops in another then back to the same area I was just at, add cuts suck

8. The Driver

The Driver Active Member

Their problem. If you're not absolutely familiar with your entire area then how are you to blame for not knowing when to not follow EDD?

9. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

Never follow DOL or edd. Both are jacked up and cut up like a freakin retard.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. The Driver

The Driver Active Member

I ran a non-split route today and it was just fine. Other days EDD doesn't make as much sense on split routes.

11. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

All depends on route n how much it changes from day to day. Bulk routes seem not to change as much from day to day as like RD or residential- some businesses routes. I just use the edd really to tell me what sections I have and number of packages for routes. Ive been on my route for like 5 years now and it changes up pretty much every day but all the stuff I know like the back of my hand so it don't matter really to me. Piece of cake lol.

12. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Oh yeah had me driving 15 miles away for stops in the middle of the day then coming back to the area I was in before. Love it.

13. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

Do what we do soldier to make it work OUR WAY lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

KNOWLEDGE AND PROBLEM SOLVING IS KEY TO BEING SUSCESSFUL AT THIS JOB, if person doesn't have that they need to look for other employment lol.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  15. BrownArmy

BrownArmy Well-Known Member

Do what you need to do...

Make the commits, service the customer to the best of your ability/area knowledge, etc.

$$$

16. Dr.Brown

Dr.Brown Swollen Member

I am ORION

17. I've been threatened with a WL for following ORION 100%. If I followed EDD 100% I'm sure I'd get fired.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. joeboodog

joeboodog good people drink good beer

Seriously? I thought Orion was the greatest thing since man invented beer. It makes no sense to get in trouble for 100% compliance. What's next? We get in trouble if we deliver all our air on time?

19. OPTION3

OPTION3 Well-Known Member

Take that warning letter....then follow Orion 0%....If you get WL for that...show both WL’s at panel...problem solved

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  20. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Go ahead, run across traffic all day like deer during rut season, because if you follow EDD, that's what you will be doing.