Following outcry, fedex driver back at work

RTURNSONLY

WOW this is great story, Im so happy for this kiddo! :happy-very:

Following Outcry, Calverton Resident, FedEx Driver, Back to Work - Riverhead, NY Patch

As usual, FedEx hard-nosed style, the typical no wrong doing attitute became afloat with this statement: FedEx Ground spokeswoman Erin Truxal noted that technically the company had not renewed a contract with Gilliam, but that, "Another independent contractor vendor that operates out of FedEx Ground’s Long Island station hired Mr. Gilliam as a driver for its business. This is a decision made solely by the independent contractor vendor".

Would had been too difficult to appologize and say "Listen, we screwed up"?
Definitely yes at FedEx!

hypo hanna

WOW this is great story, Im so happy for this kiddo! :happy-very:

Following Outcry, Calverton Resident, FedEx Driver, Back to Work - Riverhead, NY Patch

As usual, FedEx hard-nosed style, the typical no wrong doing attitute became afloat with this statement: FedEx Ground spokeswoman Erin Truxal noted that technically the company had not renewed a contract with Gilliam, but that, "Another independent contractor vendor that operates out of FedEx Ground’s Long Island station hired Mr. Gilliam as a driver for its business. This is a decision made solely by the independent contractor vendor".

Would had been too difficult to appologize and say "Listen, we screwed up"?
Definitely yes at FedEx!

Masters of corporate doublespeak!

HomeDelivery

there's more to it than that:

FedEx terminated his contract after the corporation discovered he was out of compliance with its regulations for contractors; FedEx requires its contractors to be listed as an S corporation and his business entity is currently listed as a C corporation.

The problem could have been rectified by the end of the month, but his request for an extension was refused, he said.

He said his business was once listed as an S corporation and only changed when a new accountant thought it was in his best interest to be listed as a C corporation, not realizing the FedEx mandate, Gilliam said.
His managing supervisor first notified him he was out of compliance in June, at the start of the busiest time in the Hamptons and on his route. The company didn't explain what the specific problem was, just that something was not right, he said.
"I have to, no matter what, get the packages out," he said. "I was told the customers were first."
Between his long work days and dealing with a divorce, he simply didn't have time until the end of the summer to go through paperwork and pinpoint the problem. He said he and his accountant figured it out two weeks ago, but were told it was too late.
"I have nothing against FedEx. I just couldn't do it in the time they were allowing me. I needed more time," he said. "I've given them 110 percent. I'm asking them to give me 110 percent."

what a load of crap to jump through hoops for FredEx & you'll get your contract pulled for a simple mistake?!?

Was he targeted to have his contract pulled so they can turn it over to someone else that is a manager's favorite?

hmmmmm........

oh resource:

Customers Package Complaints to FedEx After Beloved Driver Canned - Riverhead, NY Patch

vantexan

there's more to it than that:

what a load of crap to jump through hoops for FredEx & you'll get your contract pulled for a simple mistake?!?

Was he targeted to have his contract pulled so they can turn it over to someone else that is a manager's favorite?

hmmmmm........

oh resource:

Customers Package Complaints to FedEx After Beloved Driver Canned - Riverhead, NY Patch

Tells you what customers know about the FedEx situation. He went from contractor to low paid, no benefits driver but the customers are all thrilled he got his job back.