Food for thought maybe

Do you like your job at UPS?

• I love what I do. ITs tough at times, but I love it

Votes: 36 50.7%
  • Nope, I hate everything about my job. Its just a paycheck

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • The pay is nice. But if I could find another job that pays this well...

Votes: 28 39.4%
  • I dont know

Votes: 2 2.8%

• Total voters

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
...and if what happened was any of your business I would let you know.

It is time for everyone to move on.
I'm not asking to know. I'm just saying that it's obvious that you 2 are upset and not letting it go. I say you agree to disagree and move on. I really don't care what you're arguing about and you're right, it's no of my business, but your drama is getting in the way of my relaxation. How's that?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I'm not asking to know. I'm just saying that it's obvious that you 2 are upset and not letting it go. I say you agree to disagree and move on. I really don't care what you're arguing about and you're right, it's no of my business, but your drama is getting in the way of my relaxation. How's that?
If you don't like the passive aggresive posts then do not bring it up. It was your post. Don't put his name in the same sentence as mine, he doesn't deserve it. What happened is what happened and until he apologizes for it I will NEVER FORGIVE it.

You do remember that Dave, right. I rarely forgive and NEVER forget.

Last edited:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Currently I can't stand what they have me do, work as directed.
Driving overflow loads to Harvard square, doing meet points with drivers to swap their misloads, having some drivers show up late & telling the boss that I was the one who was late, spending hours just sitting somewhere on the road waiting for someone back at the center to make a decision about where I go next, the center manager allowing others to have time off & forgetting to inform me that I will have to cover their work , going around and picking up sups, getting a working DIAD to some driver who easily could have returned to the center themselves, finding out from drivers that one of the sups told them that I would be available to help them yet I was never told ,being told that I have to assist the clerk doing Same-day-will-calls and when I show up that clerk disappears. My bid was ECS clerk/ air driver { with no scheduled route } so they made me a air driver cover.
Come next bid, Feb 2010, I am taking a non-driving job. The center manager can get some other fool to be his slave.

Serious question - What is bad about the type of driver stuff they have you doing.
Just curious.
Hoax

I signed on to be an ECS clerk.

The job always before went to who ever was lowest on the bid .
It was the easiest way for them to learn the area.
The center manager changed that, leaving the low bidder inside doing my job for the past year & a half . The only nice thing is when he is now sent out to do something, he has no area knowledge and he screws up. Which reflect back upon the center manager. Who gets mad , and takes it out on me.

I worked in that bldg and counter with Baba Gounj, and it is pretty ridiculous. Hes changing clothes like 3 times a day between counter and reg browns. He rarely ever does his bid which is the counter ECS stuff which is what he is best at AND has by far the most seniority to take his bid job.

Unfortunately he knows all of the air runs as well as has more area knowledge (which is parts of Boston, Cambridge, and to say the least more difficult areas to get around) than most anyone, so he gets the air or misc work.

The worst part is that since he is bid air driver (as is another counter clerk), and even though he has about 25 years seniority over this other driver, the center takes him out to do the air work over the lowest seniority bid.

Knowing too much is never a good thing.

One of the "rules " I have to follow is this; I can not do a ground stop.
I could have a package for a customer, be sitting in front of their location, have them walk up to me and I have to tell them that I am not authorized to give them their shipment.
I have to give it to the proper route driver even if he / she is miles away, so that he / she can drive back to make the stop.
Why because if I show a ground stop on my board, then it shows up as another driver is working and that screws up the center manager's numbers for the day/week.
Now everyone knows its all about the numbers, no longer do they care about actually providing good service.
And I can't stand this new policy, I would rather do the stop and help out a fellow driver.

Thanks. Now I understand better your point of view

over9five

Staff member
I have no idea what's going on. I always miss the good stuff!

I think maybe someone didn't call or send flowers the next day.

I could be wrong.....

Big Babooba

Mr & Mrs Upstate?:happy-very:

I have moved on and am done with this issue.

And haven't lost one bit of sleep over using me.

I have no idea what's going on. I always miss the good stuff!

I think maybe someone didn't call or send flowers the next day.

I could be wrong.....

It's all over!:devil3:

[video=youtube;THcBTM1f1Ug]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THcBTM1f1Ug[/video]

P

pickup

When you wallow with pigs, you can't help but to get dirty. :surprised: I tried to wash it off. Maybe Judge Toler can help.

I think it is a case that could only be in Judge Dizzee's court. He's got the props and he can find some people in his rogue's gallery to fill the jurybox. What say ye? oh honorable judge dizzee.

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
I think it is a case that could only be in Judge Dizzee's court. He's got the props and he can find some people in his rogue's gallery to fill the jurybox. What say ye? oh honorable judge dizzee.

I am unable to cast the first stone.