Food Stamps: Big Heart or Big Profits?

moreluck

golden ticket member
(CNSNews.com) – The number of Americans on food stamps has topped 46,000,000 for 35 straight months, according to data from the Department of Agriculture (USDA).

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Woman Denied Food Stamps Attacks Workers at Welfare Office
In Butte, Montana on Monday afternoon, Linda Darnell Wyatt, 47, was denied food stamps at her local welfare office, so she tried to attack workers by swinging the heaviest thing she had available--her purse.

Police were alerted to a "female out of control." Wyatt was also accused of hurling paperwork around the building and was arrested for disorderly conduct. She posted $185 bond and was released.

Wonder where she got the $185 ?

rod

Retired 22 years
I usually take my Mother-in-law to Bingo at the VFW on Monday nights. (my contribution to my wife's keeping her sanity as my Mother-in-Law has become quite demanding the last few years). Last Monday there were 4 other players at our table who I assume-- how do I put this---were professional life long welfare abusers. I picked up on this listening to them discuss the different merits of life in Chicago as compared to Minnesota. About half way through the games one of them ran out of cash so after digging through about 20 different State "free money cards" she goes over to the ATM and walla-a fresh 20 dollar bill spits out. I've never seen this particular card and didn't realize they could get cash along with free food, clothes, cell phones, housing, heat, medical.........................This same low life also created a scene later on because she insisted that she didn't get any change back from her 20 after she had bought another round of bingo cards. I let her go on for a few minutes until the manager and a coupe of other employees were gathered around and then I reminded her that she had put her change in her coat pocket. She gave me one of those "mind your own business looks" grabbed her coat and change and disappeared outside for a cigarette.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Yup....depending on their life situation (number of kids...etc) some people can get cash from Social Services on some type of debit card in addition to their food stamps. I guess that's free bingo money for some....crazy.

Woman Denied Food Stamps Attacks Workers at Welfare Office
In Butte, Montana on Monday afternoon, Linda Darnell Wyatt, 47, was denied food stamps at her local welfare office, so she tried to attack workers by swinging the heaviest thing she had available--her purse.

Police were alerted to a "female out of control." Wyatt was also accused of hurling paperwork around the building and was arrested for disorderly conduct. She posted $185 bond and was released.

Wonder where she got the $185 ?
Were they all, one dollar bills?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I usually take my Mother-in-law to Bingo at the VFW on Monday nights. (my contribution to my wife's keeping her sanity as my Mother-in-Law has become quite demanding the last few years). Last Monday there were 4 other players at our table who I assume-- how do I put this---were professional life long welfare abusers. I picked up on this listening to them discuss the different merits of life in Chicago as compared to Minnesota. About half way through the games one of them ran out of cash so after digging through about 20 different State "free money cards" she goes over to the ATM and walla-a fresh 20 dollar bill spits out. I've never seen this particular card and didn't realize they could get cash along with free food, clothes, cell phones, housing, heat, medical.........................This same low life also created a scene later on because she insisted that she didn't get any change back from her 20 after she had bought another round of bingo cards. I let her go on for a few minutes until the manager and a coupe of other employees were gathered around and then I reminded her that she had put her change in her coat pocket. She gave me one of those "mind your own business looks" grabbed her coat and change and disappeared outside for a cigarette.
They always make the claim that they need access to cash to pay for their cab rides .

Babagounj

Strength through joy
A Watchdog.org analysis of a Colorado Department of Human Services welfare ATM withdrawals database shows that $3.8 million was withdrawn by Colorado welfare recipients outside the state in the past two years. There were withdrawals at out-of-state liquor stores and tobacco outlets, as well as vacation destinations like Hawaii, Las Vegas and even the Virgin Islands, data shows.
IJ Review reported three months ago that Colorado welfare receipients were using their EBT cards to withdraw cash at marijuana shops.