Food

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
image.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
I tried this corn tonight.....it was really good....lid on and about 10 mins simmering. It only needed salt when done. But, My regular corn, when it has butter, tastes about the same and I don't use a whole stick of butter. So economically, better toboil your corn in water.
I saved "the liquid"......it was milk & a lot of butter. Today for lunch I heated the liquid, added some grated parmesan and some shredded jack and mixed it with cooked macaroni and baked it for mac'N' cheese for lunch. No waste here!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Today's dinner is like a mini-Thanksgiving.
Roasting a huge chicken breast that we will share, stuffing, mashed potatoes & gravy, salad. Thank goodness for A.C.

moreluck

golden ticket member
95b193e6829609b3b2828f4b34836a2f.jpg

Hasselback Chicken with Spinach and Pepper Jack

Stuffed chicken with pepper jack cheese and frozen spinach 4 chicken breasts 8oz frozen spinach (thawed and liquid wrung out) 4 pieces Pepper Jack cheese salt/pepper to taste 1) Make incisions into chicken, 1/2 inches apart, being careful not to cut through the chicken 2) Stuff each incision with 2oz spinach and 1 piece of pepper jack, broken into pieces 3) Salt and pepper to taste 4) Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked

moreluck

golden ticket member
Vegetable peelers shave cheese....
For thin, long slices of cheese, shave the block with a vegetable peeler. Serve on a Caesar salad or pasta. Also use a vegetable peeler to slice hard, cold butter; the thin strips melt quickly on warm toast.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Waffle makers cook eggs.....

For scrambled eggs on the go, use a waffle iron. Whisk eggs and mix in chopped veggies and a dash of milk. Spray both sides of the waffle iron with cooking spray and pour in egg mixture. Cook 2-3 minutes and place in a bagel for a breakfast you can munch on with one hand.

(I found this in Reader's Digest)