Fooling telematics

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
good job so now u can put in the wrong truck # and leave door open all day lol. or better yet put in some one else's number and get them in trouble. lmao not that i would endorse that

Just don't use 804957, or I'll get STUGGED again.

I hate smilies (or similies).

You know the gps is in your DIAD as well as your truck.

It's not in the truck. Welcome to The Brown Cafe, Brown betty.

You learn well, weedhopper.

Kwai Chang Caine?
kwai-chang-caine.jpg

What would be funny....would be to have every driver in our building agree ahead of time to leave their bulkhead doors open from, say, 11:00 to 11:30....just to let management know who is really in charge.:wink2:

Better yet, to do that nationwide, LOL. That was a joke!

Sober, try putting a fake car number in the DIAD and leave it there all day and before you punch out put in the correct one. See how that works.

Sounds interesting.

MD Dan

Somebody in Upper Mngmt will not be happy when they see what Telematics has wrot. The wonderful feeling of control will be bought at a terrible cost. In my own experience, the methods and safety edicts applied without any consideration for local conditions will cause an amazing loss of productivity. UPS likes to point out the High Cost of Union Labor but does not like to acknowledge the benefit of having highly motivated employees delivering parcels using their own brains quickly and safely. If you completely control a driver's day you cannot blame him (or her) for his (or her) performance Vs the standards set by IE. All drivers will be forced to "work to rule". Ups has always avoided this situation (for good reason) but will soon be forcing all THINKING drivers into working this way. When you are monitored this closely, you would be crazy to do anything else. I hope that I am wrong but I predict that this will be a productivity disaster for UPS. Sad to see the freedom to do the job right Vs "by the book" disappearing. Shippers and consignees and eventually shareholders will all suffer.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Somebody in Upper Mngmt will not be happy when they see what Telematics has wrot. The wonderful feeling of control will be bought at a terrible cost. In my own experience, the methods and safety edicts applied without any consideration for local conditions will cause an amazing loss of productivity. UPS likes to point out the High Cost of Union Labor but does not like to acknowledge the benefit of having highly motivated employees delivering parcels using their own brains quickly and safely. If you completely control a driver's day you cannot blame him (or her) for his (or her) performance Vs the standards set by IE. All drivers will be forced to "work to rule". Ups has always avoided this situation (for good reason) but will soon be forcing all THINKING drivers into working this way. When you are monitored this closely, you would be crazy to do anything else. I hope that I am wrong but I predict that this will be a productivity disaster for UPS. Sad to see the freedom to do the job right Vs "by the book" disappearing. Shippers and consignees and eventually shareholders will all suffer.

Good post.

MD Dan

Somebody in Upper Mngmt will not be happy when they see what Telematics has wrought. The wonderful feeling of control will be bought at a terrible cost. In my own experience, the methods and safety edicts applied without any consideration for local conditions will cause an amazing loss of productivity. UPS likes to point out the High Cost of Union Labor but does not like to acknowledge the benefit of having highly motivated employees delivering parcels using their own brains quickly and safely. If you completely control a driver's day you cannot blame him (or her) for his (or her) performance Vs the standards set by IE. All drivers will be forced to "work to rule". Ups has always avoided this situation (for good reason) but will soon be forcing all THINKING drivers into working this way. When you are monitored this closely, you would be crazy to do anything else. I hope that I am wrong but I predict that this will be a productivity disaster for UPS. Sad to see the freedom to do the job right Vs "by the book" disappearing. Shippers and consignees and eventually shareholders will all suffer.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Am I missing something? Hey B Betty, Welcome to The Brown Cafe. Help us get to know you a bit, by going to the newbie thread, Getting to know you, and telling us a little about you.

disneyworld

Why do you even work here?