Footware

sendagain

I wore Knapp shoes quite a few years, but they weren't always easy to get to; they broke in quickly and the soles lasted a very long time. My experience with shoes from Sears was terrible.

Phil082

"UPS" Freight Hauler
When you say "Running Shoes" Do they have to be solid Leather or can they have some mesh? I've been eyeing so Asics that are solid back with 85% leather.

UPSmeoff

These work for me. Mine are a darker color but the same. No one has said anything ever about them. As long as i show up to work they dont care.

30andout

I ended up getting a pair of Propet Cliff Walkers from Shoebuy.com.They have a 1000 mile warrenty?.....How am I gonna check that. But they seem like a good pair of walking shoes and fit great out of the box.:)

wornoutupser

sendagain said:
I wore Knapp shoes quite a few years, but they weren't always easy to get to; they broke in quickly and the soles lasted a very long time. My experience with shoes from Sears was terrible.

Here is why!
Knapp used to make the Diehard shoe many years ago.
Then Sears got the bright idea to "fire" Knapp and move production overseas. The quality was terrible!
If you can still find the Knapp shoe, there are still a quality item as of the last pair that I owned. Wornout

30andout

moreluck said:
30andout....get one of those cheap pedometers and wear it.

By the way, that's one spooky Chucky picture!! :ohmy:
moreluck, I didn't know that was Chucky, I thought it was my center manager.:w00t:

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
As UPS posted, a blind eye has been turned to foot ware. But it is a hot topic at safety conferences. In some districts they are looking at mandating steel toed shoes again, but we will see. My feeling is that at some point, UPS will subsidize shoe purchases if they fall under certain criteria.

My take is this, get a good pair, make sure they have plenty of cushion to help absorb shock, and get a new pair each year. The cost of the shoes is minimal to the cost of knees and hips.

You do know that special equipment required by your employer can be written of your taxes?

d

A

Anonymous Poster

You do know that special equipment required by your employer can be written of your taxes?
You do know that footwear is not considered 'special equipment' unless safety footwear is required by your employer? I'd hate to see someone get called by the IRS because they took bad advice from an uninformed poster.