Footwear Opinions

R

RuralRoute

When I started the Courier job, the picture I had in my head was of a light, easy day of jogging up to a few doorsteps to place little envelopes under welcome mats, so the shoes I purchased were of quality to be doing such. Now, many months of factory pickups and bulk shipments later, I have a "clearer" picture of the job, and the Adidas running shoes I currently wear just don't fit. (Pun intended.) While good for comfort, tennis/running shoes are just not the best for this job in my opinion, as the low ankle support leads to aching tendons and say goodbye to your toes if you were to drop something heavy enough.
What do yall suggest as a replacement for the shoes I wear now? I'm thinking more along the lines of boots, but still want a little flexibility like an athletic shoe.

dezguy

You guys aren't required to wear steel/composite toed footwear down there???? Get caught without them here and you're sent home for the day.

Future

Victory Ride
TRAINER-SC-SNKBT-684713_700_A_PREM.jpg
Finally got these (all black)....sneakerboot.....had a hell of time finding a 11.5 size....nooooooooo one had it or in the wrong color.....very light(my personal buying point) and waterproof....very happy with them

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
You guys aren't required to wear steel/composite toed footwear down there???? Get caught without them here and you're sent home for the day.

Here, you're only required to wear steel toed at the Ramp. If you work at a station and choose to wear them, FedEx will reimburse you up to a set amount.

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
Nike Air Goadome is my boot of choice. Wore them when I was a courier. Still wear them in my EMS job.

They're just like running shoes with ankle support.

Last edited: