PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
"If this discussion could in any way lead to my being disciplined or terminated, or affect my personal working conditions, I respectfully request that my union representative, officer, or steward be present at this meeting. Until my representative arrives, I choose not to participate in this discussion."

Timtron22

If it's any consolation, they seem to test/plant misloads and then have you check your load and see if you catch them. It's part of the deal, all centers seem to have their own way of checking on new hires. They test drivers as well it's nothing out of the ordinary. Just make sure you walk the packages into the right truck.
My sup threw in a bag that had a FL sticker on it. As i scanned and was about to toss he said "hmm you should look at the boxes inside first" Luckily i did and they were all CT boxes. He got me. Now i look into the bag at all times. I'm also a new hire.

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
So who do I tell that to? The sup? They are always working I'm going to be rich!

File a grievance.
End of story.

qhqx0.jpg

roron85

Hello all. I have an "appointment" tomorrow at the Addison location for a feeder driver position. (SEASONAL)

Which brings up my first question. Is this an interview? Will I be in a room with a bunch of other people that applied? Should I bring my resume? Do I dress up? Just need clarification since it's just called an "appointment."

Do feeder drivers haul containers, vans, triples/doubles? I've been doing containers as an O/O for the last 5 years and I can honestly say I love doing them. I have double/triple endorsement but have never done it, will they make me go through a training for that?

Looks like the position is starting at night. I was used to starting at 4-6AM but I'm open minded on doing it and it helps I only live 10 minutes down the road. Since it's seasonal, do they usually keep some the drivers after the season? I own 2 trucks so I can continue doing that after the season if they don't. UPS is the only company I see is worth being a company driver for.

What's the approximate pay starting from the bottom? I hope I can net 1,500/week, but I can live off 1,000 since I will have income coming in from my other truck that I will have running.

Thanks in advance and I would appreciate further feedback.

Timtron22

Does it mean i am a permanent employer, from getting an email saying "welcome to the family" because now i can enter the uspers.com site, even though i cannot create a password.!

hardeeflag

Hello All. I just got a call to come in for Processing, uniforms and where to attend class instructions next week as a Season Package Driver. Passed background check, road test and physical (for those asking in earlier threads, they did drug testing too). I was given the offer to take the job and I accepted as I m not employed right now and need to work. I have some questions.

I am not a young man, I'm 48 but in fairly good condition and healthy. This is my first time going through employment process in over 18 years and is technically my second job (I had a long career in executive management for a smaller company and I have a BA - if that even matters anymore - doesn't seem to). My question is at this age, is it at all possible getting full time and with the time left is it worth pursuing at UPS? I don't have 15 years to wait working season to get full time status or work in wear house for 10 years. I was considering training in the medical field and need to commit this fall. So I ask is this just what it, is seasonal and nothing more? Is UPS a good career choice for someone in their late 40s?

I want to honor the term of the job but would you suggest looking for full time work at another job or give this a whirl and see where it take me? I need the work right now, but I need to also work on something with longevity. I don't want to take a job and not honor the term if I get a full time offer somewhere else. I'm old school as far a job hopping - I don't like it. However, if I could get something permanent at UPS over the next year I would stick this out. I appreciate any words of advice.

Also I want to keep my self healthy while I'm doing the job, do any of you wear any of those back supports under your uniform? Any other tips for staying healthy and not getting permanently maimed. Thanks.

Sueddaht

How long did you guys have to wait between your first and second interview? I went to my first interview today and she told me she was going to schedule me for a second interview at 9:15. She never gave me a date so I am assuming she meant tomorrow morning. Does that seem right to you guys? Does this happen often? Holiday season is coming around and this is a pretty big location

leah

Hi everyone. New here. I have a question:

I have an interview next week for a brokerage position my mom referred me to. My only issue is, I have a class A misdemeanor (KY) for theft (from Walmart with an acquaintance) on my record from almost two years ago. No arrest, no jail time, just 20 hours of community service and a small-ish fine. I need to have it expunged but haven't had the money to yet. Do I still have a chance at being offered this position if the interview goes well or should I just give up all hope? I really need this job, it would be such a good opportunity for me to get out of the industry I am currently in. Thanks in advance.

bendito

New hire here hoping to return for a second time as seasonal driver. As with other new hires, I experienced a great deal of frustration and sleepless nights during last season. I completed a week of classroom training, worked as driver helper, was signed off to work on my own and was trained on pickups. Completed 3 full days of driving on an awesome route with no problems that I know of. Then called everyday for 4 if not 5 weeks… ‘we don’t need you today,’ ‘We missed volume today.’
I have a great deal of respect for UPS, admire what the drivers do, and want to have a job that I can do well. Herein lies the confusion as the job posting reads:
Delivery Driver
“UPS is hiring individuals to work as full-time, temporary, seasonal Package Delivery Drivers.” “Full-time UPS employees work eight or more hours each weekday (Monday through Friday) and typically do not work on weekends or selected holidays.”
Though the first and second sentence both say full-time, the first sentence also says TEMPORARY. Which means you have to call in everyday. This job cost me my very cute ladyfriend. There is almost zero communication between management and new hires. Did I do something wrong? What can I do better? Either way for better or worse, I’m looking forward to reporting for duty in the next few days and busting my ass if given the opportunity as I enjoy the work….
p.s. thanks for the shoe recommendations

nuckingfuts

New hire,started training last week.I missed today and came in late on tuesday and wedsenday, no call in.Also my sup talked to me yesterday about my lateness.

What should I expect tomorrow?

Boomhauer

New hire,started training last week.I missed today and came in late on tuesday and wedsenday, no call in.Also my sup talked to me yesterday about my lateness.

What should I expect tomorrow?

Just sleep in. I'm sure McDonalds has shifts that start later in the day, which would better suit your work ethic.