I have an interview on Thursday for a seasonal driver position. So I just went through this entire thread because I have a fulltime job and would like to work for ups but I was trying to find out about the prospects of getting on fulltime and what to expect and what hoops you would have to jump through. so the job I have now barely pays the bills with no benefits and I have a class b licenses so I will be looking for a new job anyway with higher pay and benefits so I thought I would give ups a try to see if it
would be possible to get on permanent.

So after reading this entire thread, every post by a new seasonal higher didn't get a response, Is this forum a UPS package handler forum that doesn't know anything about Driving and what to expect as a seasonal driver or is a seasonal driver seen as a scab so they are purposely ignored.

So far from this thread , the title should be if your a new hire and have a question and want to be trolled post them here. But don't expect to find anything relevant that will help you and your job at ups.

Seriously how can you have a 18 page thread over a year long and not have any relevant info.

Eye To Eye Contact.

cant speak to many facts about where your from . But Texas . Seasonal drivers work solid till jan 15. But you WILL be let go after this ends. Now if you bust balls they might hire you a week later . But not as a driver . you will e on belt (warehouse) Till you bid to become driver .but nothing after Jan 15 Can be promised . You would have to wait and feel it out as the holiday goes on and see what your sups are saying to you about it . But honestly there is no way for us to really give you the answer . Its all you and your Facility

cant speak to many facts about where your from . But Texas . Seasonal drivers work solid till jan 15. But you WILL be let go after this ends. Now if you bust balls they might hire you a week later . But not as a driver . you will e on belt (warehouse) Till you bid to become driver .but nothing after Jan 15 Can be promised . You would have to wait and feel it out as the holiday goes on and see what your sups are saying to you about it . But honestly there is no way for us to really give you the answer . Its all you and your Facility

Thanks, I turned the seasonal job down at the interview, I went in thinking i probably wouldn't take it, but i went in to see what they had to say and didn't sound very promising, 3 people walk out right when they said there was a very slim chance of getting on. From reading this forum it sounds like if I was hired on now, oct thru Thanksgiving there would be a good chance of having days of not being called in to work and right now I am not in a position to work part time until thanksgiving. If it was guaranteed 40 hours a week or more until Christmas I would of took a shot at trying to get on and look for work if I wasn't able to get on and from the sound of it, it was slim to none. If I was unemployed I would of taken it, but as the old saying a bird in the hand is worth more then two in the bush. So I was told they have to hire 6 insides guys to 1 guy from the streets, So maybe sometime in the future I might try to get on part time as a evening package handler or whatever and maybe I could get on that way.

So it sounds if you want to be a driver at ups you have to have two jobs in the mean time or have somebody that can pay the rent for you while trying to get on.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Thanks, I turned the seasonal job down at the interview, I went in thinking i probably wouldn't take it, but i went in to see what they had to say and didn't sound very promising, 3 people walk out right when they said there was a very slim chance of getting on. From reading this forum it sounds like if I was hired on now, oct thru Thanksgiving there would be a good chance of having days of not being called in to work and right now I am not in a position to work part time until thanksgiving. If it was guaranteed 40 hours a week or more until Christmas I would of took a shot at trying to get on and look for work if I wasn't able to get on and from the sound of it, it was slim to none. If I was unemployed I would of taken it, but as the old saying a bird in the hand is worth more then two in the bush. So I was told they have to hire 6 insides guys to 1 guy from the streets, So maybe sometime in the future I might try to get on part time as a evening package handler or whatever and maybe I could get on that way.

So it sounds if you want to be a driver at ups you have to have two jobs in the mean time or have somebody that can pay the rent for you while trying to get on.
Yep 2 job bs and even get hired on it will be laid off several days a week and will be several years to top rate. Basically if you have 10 years to friend around with no house payment and 2 jobs it is great. So hope you are living at home in your early 20's with another flexible hour part time job.....

T

Turdferguson

I have an interview on Thursday for a seasonal driver position. So I just went through this entire thread because I have a fulltime job and would like to work for ups but I was trying to find out about the prospects of getting on fulltime and what to expect and what hoops you would have to jump through. so the job I have now barely pays the bills with no benefits and I have a class b licenses so I will be looking for a new job anyway with higher pay and benefits so I thought I would give ups a try to see if it

So after reading this entire thread, every post by a new seasonal higher didn't get a response, Is this forum a UPS package handler forum that doesn't know anything about Driving and what to expect as a seasonal driver or is a seasonal driver seen as a scab so they are purposely ignored.

So far from this thread , the title should be if your a new hire and have a question and want to be trolled post them here. But don't expect to find anything relevant that will help you and your job at ups.

Seriously how can you have a 18 page thread over a year long and not have any relevant info.

http://www.browncafe.com/community/...y-asked-questions-read-before-posting.359027/
Here hope this helps answer your questions

billerz

Use the search function

Lightbrite

Greetings, after about an hour of searching through the cafe and not finding an answer I came here. I recently signed up for the text alert program and used the Appstatus command and the info read "Express Hire - Processing Docs." Just wondering if any of you guys/gals can give me facts/opinion on this as far as if I actually got the job. Thanks

erivaldo

Hello, I'm a pt preloader and i have been working for about 2 weeks and i was wondering when do i get paid. Also when i log into upsers and check my pay check it says no matching values were found. What should I do.

Eye To Eye Contact.

Hello, I'm a pt preloader and i have been working for about 2 weeks and i was wondering when do i get paid. Also when i log into upsers and check my pay check it says no matching values were found. What should I do.[/QUOTE
you should get paid every thursday or friday . Depending on your direct deposit set up .. And idk on the upsers thing

mewoyou

I am going to try to compile a faq page for all new hires.

New UPSers, feel free to post your questions here in this thread if you haven't found your answer elsewhere.
I have a question about hiring process. I went on an interview for a driver position and at the end of the interview the woman told me she was going to unlock another section of my application to fill out, and run a background check on me and check my driving record and then schedule me for a road test. This was last week Wednesday October 7th. The unlocked section of the application had me fill out a W4 also set up direct deposit and some other supplemental UPS questions. I haven't heard from them since regarding the road test. But I took it as a good sign that she had me fill out such important documents so early in the interview process. Should I be worried or be patient seeing as how it's not even been a week since my first interview? Thanks for your help.

T

Turdferguson

I have a question about hiring process. I went on an interview for a driver position and at the end of the interview the woman told me she was going to unlock another section of my application to fill out, and run a background check on me and check my driving record and then schedule me for a road test. This was last week Wednesday October 7th. The unlocked section of the application had me fill out a W4 also set up direct deposit and some other supplemental UPS questions. I haven't heard from them since regarding the road test. But I took it as a good sign that she had me fill out such important documents so early in the interview process. Should I be worried or be patient seeing as how it's not even been a week since my first interview? Thanks for your help.

Patience

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
They screw everyone around, then get hired and be on call every day. Patience I guess. Or find somewhere where you will work every day after hired.

ozarkmw

What should I expect from my week long corporate training class? I've been told it could be in St Louis or KC. They don't know yet! I leave in 2 days.

Eye To Eye Contact.

What should I expect from my week long corporate training class? I've been told it could be in St Louis or KC. They don't know yet! I leave in 2 days.
You can expect them to be all on your a**. Lots of time in front of computer learning the computer. make sure your boots are polished . Your uniform is startched and creased . Your cleaned shaved .. And dont . i repeat dont HIT A CURB . When driving class or your gone .. Good luck its a long week . if you dont already you will have grey hair at the end of the week .. Its not a hard course but its also not easy .. Good luck man

Omaru

No there is no pre-employment
Drug screen. But if your a driver and
you crash the Brown truck good chance they ARE going to test you
During my interview for package delivery position, the HR said he was gonna put me on the accepted candidate list.
He also said he was gonna call me. What is my chance of getting hired

T

Turdferguson

During my interview for package delivery position, the HR said he was gonna put me on the accepted candidate list.
He also said he was gonna call me. What is my chance of getting hired

Why quote a post about drug testing? Are you trying to tell us you a druggie but be sneaky about it?

JCB22

So i've applied to be a driver helper and have my orientation wednesday. What chance do i have of getting selected? Also, should I expect to work weekends? I ask because I currently have a job, and was considering just changing my availability to just weekends so I can keep the job once the seasonal UPS job is over, but if i will be expected to be available on weekends i'll give my 2 weeks to my old job. I was told by a driver it would just be weekdays.

Fergalicious

*Sobs* So I was rehired into the company and sent to Small Sort, I like to think that I bend my knees really well during my shift, but for some reason my back is omg killing me. I admit that my QT and I didn't stretch, she just sent me into training, but I accept responsibility because I know how important that is and have been here before. It does irk me that she doesn't take stretches seriously, but I can help that.

Anyway, is there a way to make this a bit bearable on the back, any cheats to success in busy sort?