Manpls

I started two days ago as a preloader. Last night was working on a temporary platform loading extra trucks. There was a gap between the platforms of about 6 inches and when it got really busy I turned and stepped throuh it. At the time i felt ok but just after waking up i have shooting pain in my neck and my side like a whiplash feeling. I dont have money to see a doc but i also REALLY need this job. Any advice on how to proceed here. I havent really been through orientation and i dont know how to handle it or the consequences of asking about it at the job.

T

Turdferguson

I started two days ago as a preloader. Last night was working on a temporary platform loading extra trucks. There was a gap between the platforms of about 6 inches and when it got really busy I turned and stepped throuh it. At the time i felt ok but just after waking up i have shooting pain in my neck and my side like a whiplash feeling. I dont have money to see a doc but i also REALLY need this job. Any advice on how to proceed here. I havent really been through orientation and i dont know how to handle it or the consequences of asking about it at the job.

Did you tell anyone when it happened?
Did anyone see the accident happen.

T

Turdferguson

Yes my co worker saw it and i told a senior guy soon after.
Tell management about it when you go in next and have the person who witnessed it go with you. In the future tell management anytime you get hurt when you get hurt. Protect yourself they will not.

Manpls

Tell management about it when you go in next and have the person who witnessed it go with you. In the future tell management anytime you get hurt when you get hurt. Protect yourself they will not.

Would this affect any management consideration for staying on after the holidays?

Worstluckhelper

I'm a new hire seasonal driver helper worked last week but no paycheck then I called hr yesterday the lady said I would have it by today come today she said I would get my check from last week this Friday and this week's check next Friday is she correct ?

Barracuda56

I officially start tomorrow what am I able to bring or what am I expected to bring? I am a pre loader. Said something about food in a clear bag and water? No cell phone. So what would you advise me to bring? Thanks