What's up everybody? Just got hired on through an interview for the Driver's Helper position. Had orientation and picked up my uniform the same day. I was offered the opportunity to be a PT Package Handler 5-10 during the actual face to face and accepted it. Will I still be required to call in every morning at 8 to check on whether they need me for helper duties when I'll be doing package handling the same day at 5? I don't have a problem with that, as I'll take that 15/hr over the 10.10/hr they offer for as long as I can get it, but it was never made clear to me and it's been bugging me.

Your first priority should be the package handling job.

That's what I'm seeing after looking through the forums for the past few days. I just didn't know if the fact that I was brought in and interviewed as a Driver Helper was going to take priority over being a handler. Didn't know if I had a choice or if I'm just going to get voluntold. I'll just have to go in and talk to them directly about it.

Me too, honestly. I'm a hard working guy but I'm also realistic. I'm just going to talk to them and see about staying with PH and only doing DH if I absolutely need to. Wonder how that will go. Oh well money is money. Just work hard and the rest will sort itself out.

NeroFMX

Hello all. I had my interview this morning to start on the morning time "Preloader" position, just for the holidays, right now. I just did a search on google to find out more specifics about boots and what kind of boots I need for the job, and I found this website and searched through. I found some specifics, but I really am just wondering right now if a certain boot would work for the job...

DC Men's Spartan High WR Snow Boot
(edit: I wish I could paste links but I guess I can't yet, if you search that on amazon or wherever. I feel like a jerk now.)

If not, I can work towards something else, that fits the EXACT standards they are looking for. the only specifics I was told were brown or black boots. Starting next week so I need to get something coming in soon.

Any help or advice is really appreciated.

T

Turdferguson

Hello all. I had my interview this morning to start on the morning time "Preloader" position, just for the holidays, right now. I just did a search on google to find out more specifics about boots and what kind of boots I need for the job, and I found this website and searched through. I found some specifics, but I really am just wondering right now if a certain boot would work for the job...

DC Men's Spartan High WR Snow Boot
(edit: I wish I could paste links but I guess I can't yet, if you search that on amazon or wherever. I feel like a jerk now.)

If not, I can work towards something else, that fits the EXACT standards they are looking for. the only specifics I was told were brown or black boots. Starting next week so I need to get something coming in soon.

Any help or advice is really appreciated.
Find a shoe you are comfortable wearing with a non slip sole and provides support for you foot and ankle. I don't know why they said it had to be brown or black if you are working in the building. Good luck and welcome to BC.

(Happy @olroadbeech ?)

NeroFMX

Thanks for the simple and to the point advice. I purchased them, and then if they have any problems with them, or I have any problems with them, I'll just get some other ones.

NeroFMX

Is that a kind of way to tell me they won't work? If so it seems I'll be getting no actual help from this place and i would have had to learn the hard way anyways. Simple enough. I get it.

Man, if this is how this place is going to be, maybe I am not actually interested in working there.

Last edited:

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Is that a kind of way to tell me they won't work? If so it seems I'll be getting no actual help from this place and i would have had to learn the hard way anyways. Simple enough. I get it.
Dude! Chill! Upstate was just trying to tell you to hold onto the receipt if the shoes don't work so you can return them.

NeroFMX

Well it was quoted in a post where it said I was going to buy them, and then get new ones if I needed to. Is that not a better option already than "save the receipt"?.

capers8

They did that here about 15 years ago and maybe two or three helpers(out of 20) were getting the bonus,yet they all showed up. A couple drivers who had their wives as helpers got boned on it also.

Supposed to get $75 here. Two paychecks in and neither one has had the bonus on it. I talked to HR yesterday and they said they'll add the extra $150 to my next check. If I don't have three bonuses on my next check, Friday will be my last day.