joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Question about seniority. 5 drivers all have the same hire date...October 28th. Management has our seniority as who drove first. Isn't it supposed to be a flip of a coin or draw sticks? We all have the same hire date.
Some places also use who interviewed first.

GHerbo

Question: would anyone recommend writing down their start and end time during their shifts? I've heard stories from my coworkers claiming that some pt supes steal time. Now my supe lets me swipe in but how can I check my hours for sure he always has a clip board on him where I think he writes down the time for our bay area. How can I make sure this doesn't happen to me I don't make enough as it is.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Question: would anyone recommend writing down their start and end time during their shifts? I've heard stories from my coworkers claiming that some pt supes steal time. Now my supe lets me swipe in but how can I check my hours for sure he always has a clip board on him where I think he writes down the time for our bay area. How can I make sure this doesn't happen to me I don't make enough as it is.

A word to the wise is sufficient Always check !!!!

GHerbo

image.jpg
Are these drivers the same as package car drivers? I have a friend of mine trying to make a career out of UPs and was wondering who gets to drive these box trucks?

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
View attachment 66598
Are these drivers the same as package car drivers? I have a friend of mine trying to make a career out of UPs and was wondering who gets to drive these box trucks?
Around here, those are considered package car drivers.
Yes, it would be a very good idea to keep a small notebook and write down your start and finish work times. On Fridays, write down your scheduled start times for the next week. I would also write down some important phone #s, in case your mobile phone gets lost or damaged; such as a central call in #, your FT supes office #, and maybe mobile #s for FT & PT supes.

If you are over 21 & can drive a stick shift, consider signing up to be a Saturday Air driver. It would be another 4-5 hours/week of pay, and after 2 years you would get the top pay rate (probably around $28 by then).

GHerbo

Around here, those are considered package car drivers.
Yes, it would be a very good idea to keep a small notebook and write down your start and finish work times. On Fridays, write down your scheduled start times for the next week. I would also write down some important phone #s, in case your mobile phone gets lost or damaged; such as a central call in #, your FT supes office #, and maybe mobile #s for FT & PT supes.

If you are over 21 & can drive a stick shift, consider signing up to be a Saturday Air driver. It would be another 4-5 hours/week of pay, and after 2 years you would get the top pay rate (probably around $28 by then).
UPS will be my plan b fall back career since I'm planning on going into the IT field

Last edited:
I have been working at UPS for over a year now. I have seen many new hires come and go. There is a lot of turn over with them. If you are in a area with changing climate cold winters and hot summers just know that the hub will be just as warm or cold if not worse then it is outside. You lift boxes any where from 1 to 50+ lb.'s for several hours in a dusty dirty loud environment. You will get hurt I don't care what bull :censored2: line UPS gives you about safety. It may not be severe it may only be a bruise or a little ache but It will happen. You will get yelled at most likely to go fast no matter what the situation. If all this does not sound like you want to put up with it please don't waste the supervisors time, the managers time, the trainers time or any one else's if you are just going to quit within a week.

GHerbo

My man wtf are you talking about? I started in November and survived peak fym!?! Lmao goofy
I have been working at UPS for over a year now. I have seen many new hires come and go. There is a lot of turn over with them. If you are in a area with changing climate cold winters and hot summers just know that the hub will be just as warm or cold if not worse then it is outside. You lift boxes any where from 1 to 50+ lb.'s for several hours in a dusty dirty loud environment. You will get hurt I don't care what bull :censored2: line UPS gives you about safety. It may not be severe it may only be a bruise or a little ache but It will happen. You will get yelled at most likely to go fast no matter what the situation. If all this does not sound like you want to put up with it please don't waste the supervisors time, the managers time, the trainers time or any one else's if you are just going to quit within a week.