GHerbo

I was only concerned because usually after peak unloaders such as myself get less hours because I'm technically a new hire and haven't build any seniority... So I wanted to make sure I'm getting my hors worth since 3-4 hrs a day 7 days a week for 10.15/hr isn't enough so of course I want to make sure my checks don't come out skimpy, peak checks were 200-300
I have been working at UPS for over a year now. I have seen many new hires come and go. There is a lot of turn over with them. If you are in a area with changing climate cold winters and hot summers just know that the hub will be just as warm or cold if not worse then it is outside. You lift boxes any where from 1 to 50+ lb.'s for several hours in a dusty dirty loud environment. You will get hurt I don't care what bull :censored2: line UPS gives you about safety. It may not be severe it may only be a bruise or a little ache but It will happen. You will get yelled at most likely to go fast no matter what the situation. If all this does not sound like you want to put up with it please don't waste the supervisors time, the managers time, the trainers time or any one else's if you are just going to quit within a week.
ly c

Smiles

I am going to try to compile a faq page for all new hires.

New UPSers, feel free to post your questions here in this thread if you haven't found your answer elsewhere.
I am a new driver trying to make my 30 days. How can i stay on time when packages in my car is in the place?

Smiles

Some might be in the 1000 section and the rest could be in 2000. I am spending to much time looking for packages first thing in the morning

Rack em

Made the Podium
Some might be in the 1000 section and the rest could be in 2000. I am spending to much time looking for packages first thing in the morning
1. When the load is crap, go into other work in your diad and punch in (I believe) s60 and fix your load. That time wont count against you.

2. At the end of the day if the load was bad then put it in as an unacceptable load and fill out why

3. Dont worry too much about over/under. Just focus on doing your best but doing safely. The only real reason they can disqualify you is for an accident. You can be over allowed, but as long as you dont get into an accident, you're pretty much good to go

Rack em

Made the Podium
does anything happen in your area?
Yeah they actually print out the unacceptable loads and the preload supe is supposed to go over them with the preloader. I remember a few years ago when I was a preloader they called break and a supervisor came up to me on break and was trying to go over the unacceptable load sheet with me.... I wasn't in a great mood and I was on BREAK, so when she handed me the piece of paper I immediately crumpled it up and through it on the ground. I cant quite remember what I said but it was along the lines of "That load was fine, I've loaded his truck for over 3 years and never had a complaint"

She just walked away and that was that lol

arenc8161

I've been wondering the same thing. I've seen drivers who had an accident, but were still given their 40 hours, only they had to work in the hub on both shifts. Are they getting a different pay rate for those hours?

Rack em

Made the Podium
If you are a FT driver, they cant pay you any less than your current pay rate as a driver. Talk to your steward and file if they are changing your pay

In the central region if you become full time as an off the street hire once your thirty days is over and you are a seniority employee you have to work eight calendar weeks to be vested for you Teamcare health benefits. This is obviously for permanent full time employees and does not apply to part timers.
Does

Does this mean if your hired as a full time mechanic there is no wage progression? So in 30 days I
In the central region if you become full time as an off the street hire once your thirty days is over and you are a seniority employee you have to work eight calendar weeks to be vested for you Teamcare health benefits. This is obviously for permanent full time employees and does not apply to part timers.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Does this mean if your hired as a full time mechanic there is no wage progression? So in 30 days I
I'm pretty confident there is a wage progression. If you fall under Teamster representation, it would be in the regional supplement or local rider/addenda. If it's an IAM (machinists) shop, maybe call the local hall?

Thanks are you from the south local ? I currently work in southern Indiana , might be moving to New Orleans area and was wondering if I had to start all over again with the pay rate