opey

..ok, anyone else?

i was hired off the street as a FT driver, and am now in the union. why would I have to sign a bid list?

Last edited:

jr619

Your just a number to ups. If you get injured you'll just get replace. they cannot fired you by not working fast. Work at a safe pace and if you get backed up, you get backed up. Just tell them your trying your best, your working safe and at the end of the day, you'll be waking out felling good and with no pain. Ups is always going to push you to do more. Take care of your body.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
..ok, anyone else?

i was hired off the street as a FT driver, and am now in the union. why would I have to sign a bid list?

The progression rates are different depending on whether your friend was a PT to FT employee or hired FT off the street, or was a utility/swing driver prior to beginning his/her packet.

There are no sick days being held back in my former area, the western conference. Your area may differ, but here you start earning them after your 30th FT working day.

Currently, the full rate takes 4 years to top out.

opey

maybe u have special pricing already on your account.. this is what our employee discount is, directly from the upsers site:
The UPS Store® Discount
  • Save 5% on shipping Retail Rates
  • Receive flat rates on printing, copying, and finishing services
  • Continue to save 15% on packaging and office supplies
Online Shipping Discount (create or access your account)
  • Save 9% on UPS Ground Standard List Rates
  • Save up to 18% on Air and International Standard List Rates
i wanted to ship a very large, but only 13lb package, and even with my discount it was coming out to over $180. had to cancel that one.

upschuck

maybe u have special pricing already on your account.. this is what our employee discount is, directly from the upsers site:
The UPS Store® Discount
  • Save 5% on shipping Retail Rates
  • Receive flat rates on printing, copying, and finishing services
  • Continue to save 15% on packaging and office supplies
Online Shipping Discount (create or access your account)
  • Save 9% on UPS Ground Standard List Rates
  • Save up to 18% on Air and International Standard List Rates
i wanted to ship a very large, but only 13lb package, and even with my discount it was coming out to over $180. had to cancel that one.
No special discount for me

MarriedToUPS

UPS is the absolute best company to work for, especially in times like this. They literally saved my life. I was in a rough situation. I got hired in the best time of my life. I will be dedicated with it for life because of the opertunities, the work is so amazing. Im probably not in the right state of mind to even write this because of how much I love UPS. Anyway, I'm so thankful for what we have here. Everyone can complain but its a job hands down. They will be amazing to you. I got engaged to my beautiful wife, with lint in my pockets, and they hired me. I have a kid on the way also, so you can only imagine. If you cant, you dont understand. UPS is the best place ever. I'm volunteering for the union soon. I am so dedicated to this job, and if your smart about it, you will do just fine. Just keep to yourself and compliment your fellow men in brown if they are working hard. I am so excited for work tomorrow. Oh, did I mention DENTAL INSURANCE for your kids? No, I didn't metion that, but remember they are good to you. Be good to them and they will be good to you. They got my life on track, thats for sure.

Last edited:

gasparin

In april 04 i apply for packet driver,they call me and they me for 6 days to take class
I pass the text at the end, the instructor told me, you are from 43 st Manhattan they Will call you to tell when you star , buy i have 2week waiting, some body know how long take they call, thank you

gasparin

I finish my Driver class two week ago,i am waiting to call me the supervisor.someone can tell how long have to wait, i have uniforma,emploment ID,

Cameron Yu

Hello I started in the Portland hub and I'm a month in. I've been told by my superiors that I'm doing good in being safe and my pph is on the rise. Yesterday I graduated to a heavier belt called PD2. My supervisor put me in a situation where we had 3 loaders in one trailer for 45 minutes. 2 of us were loading and 1 person was doing all the scanning. I was one of the loaders. My trainer explained to me that it is called power loading and they do practice it there sometimes. He said the next time that happens try to get them to use my scanner. I just said okay, but I didn't think that was good advice. I don't want my pph to be horribly low or be abnormally high. Would it be a good idea to just tell the supervisor that this is happening? What is the best way to deal with this situation?

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Hello I started in the Portland hub and I'm a month in. I've been told by my superiors that I'm doing good in being safe and my pph is on the rise. Yesterday I graduated to a heavier belt called PD2. My supervisor put me in a situation where we had 3 loaders in one trailer for 45 minutes. 2 of us were loading and 1 person was doing all the scanning. I was one of the loaders. My trainer explained to me that it is called power loading and they do practice it there sometimes. He said the next time that happens try to get them to use my scanner. I just said okay, but I didn't think that was good advice. I don't want my pph to be horribly low or be abnormally high. Would it be a good idea to just tell the supervisor that this is happening? What is the best way to deal with this situation?

It's not good advice. You would get blamed for the misloads because it's your scanner

Cameron Yu

It's not good advice. You would get blamed for the misloads because it's your scanner
To be fair to my trainer he brought it to the attention of my supervisor that time but he won't be there to cover my butt every time so I need to know what to do in the future. I was just doing what I was told when I was working with the other loaders because my supervisor said they were going to be my coaches for the day. If I wait till the end of the day to tell my supervisor the power loading will already show up on my pph report as either low or high and it will be too late. Should I tell him as it is happening? I just don't want to be a part of it.

Last edited:

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Start keeping a daily journal (on break) of these kinds of things. You cannot always control your work environment or work assignments. You can however refer back to your notes if your numbers are ever called into question.

The longer you work there, the more you'll notice this pattern play out in most employees jobs. Good records can give you peace of mind if you're concerned.

AutoZone

BrownPower
You get paid by the hour, not the package. Do not bust your ass to the point of injury or even worse to allow your sups to abuse you. Work at a steady pace that you will be in control of. You're not going to make anymore money any faster by killing yourself.