brown-nosing

That's what I figured. Why would they road test people who have never driven one of their trucks right away then? Why not just have driving instruction before starting?

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
It's a manual transmission; you drive with coordinated movements between your hand and your foot, using the sound of the engine as your guide.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I am scheduled to take a road test in a manual tranny truck for a casual package delivery driver position (seasonal). I know how to drive a stick, but I've never owned one and it's been a long time since I handled one. Is there anywhere I may be able to rent a stick?

Don't listen to the naysayers. If you have already driven a manual transmission, it shouldn't take more than a minute or two to figure out the truck they use to test you.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Don't listen to the naysayers. If you have already driven a manual transmission, it shouldn't take more than a minute or two to figure out the truck they use to test you.

Wouldn't it be ironic if he went through all of this only to find out that there are no manual transmission pkg cars left in his center?

brown-nosing

What are the odds of this happening? Like I said in my original comment, I know how to drive stick. I've never driven a large truck with one though. That's where my concern is.

brown-nosing

Wouldn't it be ironic if he went through all of this only to find out that there are no manual transmission pkg cars left in his center?
What are the odds of this happening? Like I said in my original comment, I know how to drive stick. I've never driven a large truck with one though. That's where my concern is.

oldngray

nowhere special

Shifting the stick in a package car isn't that much different than in a passenger car. The biggest difference is the size of the vehicle, which is the same for both stick shifts and automatics.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Go down to the Ford store and tell them your thinking about buying an friend-350 has to have standard tranny. Then Tellem you want to keep it for the weekend

Could work.....

oldngray

nowhere special
Go down to the Ford store and tell them your thinking about buying an friend-350 has to have standard tranny. Then Tellem you want to keep it for the weekend

Could work.....

Compare a brand new friend-350 to a worn out POS UPS package car? I think not.