cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Do any of you happen to know what the road test is like? Is it going to be similar to a regular drivers license test? Parallel parking?

Stop obsessing. Ask the tester if you can drive around the yard a little to get used to the truck. Go out on the street and do what he says. I doubt you will have to parallel park.

Watch your turns and don't hit anything.

wayfair

swollen member
Stop obsessing. Ask the tester if you can drive around the yard a little to get used to the truck. Go out on the street and do what he says. I doubt you will have to parallel park.

and don't shift in the middle of the intersection, both hands on the wheel.

That's ok. Maybe someone else will chime in. I'm going to plan on renting a Uhaul for a few hours this weekend and taking it around town. As for the manual tranny, I'll figure something out. I should be fine but I will definitely be a bit rusty at first.
They only have two different kinds of manual transmissions, as far as I know. The old GMC was a 4 speed , the new stick shifts are 5 speeds. Reverse is the to the top left, can be a bit tricky.

brown-nosing

Thanks for this. Just don't want to screw up my chance at working for the company.

wayfair

swollen member
one of the last PC's I had that was a manual had a Ford 460 big block... OMG is was so fun to drive!!!

The final manual I had was a P1000, CNG, no power steering..... hated life in cul de sacs...

Future

Victory Ride
I know some of the safety guys will drive with new bees ...early in the morn .....not sure if you would get paid or what the deal is.....might want to ask one of the driver safety gurus

Unknown1234

Hey browncafe. So I have one quick question that I didn't think need it a whole new thread so let me just throw it in here. Would I get fired or discipline if I get a job at an ontrac facility? I have a little over a year working at UPS and I already have my benefits and all but let's be honest for part timer the $ is not enough and yes I know some might say "well why don't you look somewhere else" the position at ontrac is a package handler and with the UPS experience I would think it might be somewhat easy there. Thank you all.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Hey browncafe. So I have one quick question that I didn't think need it a whole new thread so let me just throw it in here. Would I get fired or discipline if I get a job at an ontrac facility? I have a little over a year working at UPS and I already have my benefits and all but let's be honest for part timer the $ is not enough and yes I know some might say "well why don't you look somewhere else" the position at ontrac is a package handler and with the UPS experience I would think it might be somewhat easy there. Thank you all.

As long as there are no scheduling conflicts you should be just fine.

Nobody cares about part timers ... do what you like.

+1