scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I'm in ga so I'm assuming it's the southern region?

First off, you should talk to the shop steward in your building and the old timers that really know what is going on. If you are not satisfied with them, call Teamster Local 728 at 404-622-0521 and ask for your Business Agent. I don't know where you live or what building you work out of, but our Local is located at 2540 Lakewood Ave., Atlanta GA 30315 and has lots of meetings on Saturday. We also have an office in Savannah. We have a very active Local, I see Business Agents in my building once or twice a week.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I'm in ga so I'm assuming it's the southern region?

First off, you should talk to the shop steward in your building and the old timers that really know what is going on. If you are not satisfied with them, call Teamster Local 728 at 404-622-0521 and ask for your Business Agent. I don't know where you live or what building you work out of, but our Local is located at 2540 Lakewood Ave., Atlanta GA 30315 and has lots of meetings on Saturday. We also have an office in Savannah. We have a very active Local, I see Business Agents in my building once or twice a week.

And this ^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^
...is why he's a demigod.

dem·i·god
ˈdemēˌɡäd/
noun
noun: demigod; plural noun: demigods; noun: demi-god; plural noun: demi-gods
a man who is greatly admired or respected.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I wish we had a strong local like this!!!

BigD Bri

I'm reading this, and I'm curious about free time, and wondering if it applies to my situation.. I have 30 days as of Friday on preload. Got the bid for seasonal driver, passed the road test, going to Intergrad next week. According to HR, taking the seasonal bid doesn't affect my permanent status, I'll be back to slinging boxes after Peak, unless I get really lucky.. So, I'm assuming I'll continue to accrue seniority as a seasonal driver.. Appreciate any opinions on this from anyone that knows more than I do..

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I'm reading this, and I'm curious about free time, and wondering if it applies to my situation.. I have 30 days as of Friday on preload. Got the bid for seasonal driver, passed the road test, going to Intergrad next week. According to HR, taking the seasonal bid doesn't affect my permanent status, I'll be back to slinging boxes after Peak, unless I get really lucky.. So, I'm assuming I'll continue to accrue seniority as a seasonal driver.. Appreciate any opinions on this from anyone that knows more than I do..
Are you in a 40 or 30 day seniority local? If 30, you are good to go. If 40, you should make it. Seasonal driving will not affect anything at that point.

LongIslandNewbie

Hey everyone, I'm a new hire and new member to the forum. I have a serious issue going on at my center that I don't know what to do about, mostly because I've been lied to about the real process of what's to happen. I applied for a TCD, went to the 5 day school and passed, and did an on road supervisor ride along the following Friday. The issue is I haven't been called back for further training and I don't know why. First of all, it took 4 days after the school of calling my hub's HR before I got the ride along scheduled. Within those four days, I discovered I had not been assigned to a center yet, which apparently was supposed to happen before I went to the school, so that had to be determined simultaneously. On the fourth day, my center manager called me to assign me on the ride along for the next day (Friday). During the same phone call, he told me in advance that after the ride along, I wouldn't get called again for 7-10 days. It has been two weeks, I have made countless phone calls to HR and multiple calls leaving messages for the center manager, and I have not had one call returned. I wasn't asked to work pre-load either. What am I supposed to do? What does this mean? I quit my job to be able to attend the 5 day school and now I seemingly don't have a job at all.
Good Luck, I have been lied to and strung along....regardless of scratching ever day and being told I have made it. I have no faith in Managements words. Trying to get the center manager to call you back is a joke.

Last edited:

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I am on day 31 of 40 days out on the road. I have scratched about 5 of the 31 days. I have seen drivers at my center that have hot their 40th day and haven't been out on the road again. Aren't you automatically in once you hit your 40?

Good Luck, I have been lied to and strung along....regardless of scratching ever day and being told I have made it. I have no faith in Managements words. Trying to get the center manager to call you back is a joke.

Which is it? Five out of 31, or every day you drove?

chadbalzary

Hi I was wondering what happens on unpaid holidays for part time? Im not seasonal but I havent been here for a year yet and was wondering if Im going to have to work on the observed holidays (Christmas, Christmas Eve, Thanksgiving)? Also am I allowed to request days off?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Hi I was wondering what happens on unpaid holidays for part time? Im not seasonal but I havent been here for a year yet and was wondering if Im going to have to work on the observed holidays (Christmas, Christmas Eve, Thanksgiving)? Also am I allowed to request days off?

You are more than welcome to come in on either of those two days but you will find the door locked upon your arrival.

Christmas Eve is NOT an observed holiday.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
You will work the day after thanksgiving and Christmas Eve most likely. All holidays where UPS is closed....you will neither work nor get paid for the holidays until you've worked here a year.

I was replying to someone else's request. My apologies for such a request in this format, I screwed up in my grammar and format. Would cosmo1 post the 5 and dime or :censored2: and get. Or clocksucker show something about ups testing to all of of newbies, help us out....

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

How do I obtain my password for the UPSers.com website?

Enter your user ID, which is going to be your employee ID number. Your initial password will be a combination of the first two letters of your last name (lower case) and the last 4 numbers of employee ID. You will want to change that to a password of your choosing, which must contain at least 8 characters and at least one each of the following----one upper case letter, one lower case letter, one number and one special character.

Down time

Im new to ups n brown cafe, im on my 3rd week now. They currently have me at the training pay rate @ 10.15 when i should be @ 10.35. I know hr told us that the first month is basicaly on site training, so is that when my regular pay rate kicks in? Also, union has been taking dues from my checks from the gate, ive heard there not supposed to take dues till after probation, is this true? Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks.