AutoZone

BrownPower
The contract wasn't clear, just says part time employees can get holiday pay after a year. My steward just told me I'm full time so I should be paid holiday pay after 30 days.
If your steward had to tell you you're full time, you're probably not.. how could you not know that? That's like step 1 to knowing about your job.

optikz

If your steward had to tell you you're full time, you're probably not.. how could you not know that? That's like step 1 to knowing about your job.
I already knew I was full time. I was hired as permanate full time off the street. They been trying to hire someone since June but the previous 3 guys quit before completing their 30 days. I was saying he told me since I'm full time, I should get holiday pay once I complete my probationary period. I was confused because the contract just says part timers and doesn't mention full time at all. My hire date was before the seasonal period started.

AutoZone

BrownPower
I already knew I was full time. I was hired as permanate full time off the street. They been trying to hire someone since June but the previous 3 guys quit before completing their 30 days. I was saying he told me since I'm full time, I should get holiday pay once I complete my probationary period. I was confused because the contract just says part timers and doesn't mention full time at all. My hire date was before the seasonal period started.
I'm not completely sure then... I would think you get everything much sooner being immediate full time once you complete seniority. Call your BA.

Number-Nine

When you guys first started out how did you navigate?
I started doing Saturday Airs in hopes of going full time soon and it is very challenging if you don't know where you're going. I don't want to rely on my phone because I know stops will increase 10x more and it will become impractical to insert stops (also battery life will not last).

A map will help, but how do you know what stop is your first, second, etc....

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I started doing Saturday Airs in hopes of going full time soon and it is very challenging if you don't know where you're going. I don't want to rely on my phone because I know stops will increase 10x more and it will become impractical to insert stops (also battery life will not last).

When I first started there weren't as many streets so it was much easier.

allergictotape

One year.
the local book seems to indicate that you get holiday pay after 9 months.

"All seniority employees covered by this Agreement who have more

than nine (9) months Seniority who do not work on any of the following

holidays:

DECEMBER 31 ST, NEW YEARS DAY, DECORATION DAY,

INDEPENDENCE DAY, LABOR DAY, THANKSGIVING DAY,

DAYAFTER THANKSGIVING AND CHRISTMAS DAY,

- 206 -

shall receive a full day’s pay;"

is that not correct?

AutoZone

BrownPower

I worried about the same stuff... Saturdays, I still use my phone maps just about all day cause it's usually a blind route... But when you're a real route during the week, you're in a certain area.. you'll get an idea while you're out training and then if you want, when you're off drive around the area to get a better idea of the streets once you know where you're going to be..

Orion inc.

I like turtles

Says the guy who didn't know what TCD, the contract or how pre seniority or bid process works until he came crying on here and it had to be spelled out for him

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Like you??? You've been driving 25+ years... And you don't have one... You must suck at driving.... And life..
no :censored2:. I have 25 years in. 5 part time and 20 FT no accidents. No injuries.

I'll have mine in 5 years.

You'll still be a tool then too.

I'm betting you have an accident before you reach 5 years of driving TCD or whatever little things your center manager makes your bitch ass do.

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

I was very excited to make the 25 year safe driving award ...and I hate ups with a passion...don't mess with the 25 year safe driving people or the award or the people that want to achieve it mr brown jake punk ass

TableWren

So, this is my fourth week of work (One Training Day, One Day one Week and then Two Full Weeks) and I have yet to see a paycheck. When do I get paid? Is this something I should talk to my supervisor about or do they hand out checks at some point?

Also, I keep getting calls for Driver Helper. Apparently someone signed me up at some point without my knowledge (to the point where they actually got me a uniform (not in my size, mind you)- one of which I didn't accept). I explained I wasn't able to do it this year but they have been continuously calling me asking me if I can work. Every time I tell them i'm not a driver helper they claim to remove me from the list yet, they continue to call me. I received a message today saying that I needed to call by 5pm (of course, I didn't get this message until after 5). Will this look bad to my supervisors if I dont call? Should I talk to them about this situation?