KtotheR

I was just told that I would have to take a drug test. I worked for UPS last holiday season and passed my drug screen, i guess it was called, not really sure what's the difference. Anyhow, I was told that i might have to take a drug test during my interview and then a few days later they called and confirmed. I didn't want to question them too much about the difference between a drug test and a drug screen or ask if they were looking for marijuana so i thought i would post here. so i did and in another thread everyone is making fun of me, calling me a stoner.
No there is no pre-employment
Drug screen. But if your a driver and
you crash the Brown truck good chance they ARE going to test you

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I was just told that I would have to take a drug test. I worked for UPS last holiday season and passed my drug screen, i guess it was called, not really sure what's the difference. Anyhow, I was told that i might have to take a drug test during my interview and then a few days later they called and confirmed. I didn't want to question them too much about the difference between a drug test and a drug screen or ask if they were looking for marijuana so i thought i would post here. so i did and in another thread everyone is making fun of me, calling me a stoner.

Well, are you?

Jm33

Part time recent hire...

Is overtime mandatory?

When working past your part time hours, are you allowed more then 10 min for break?

AutoZone

BrownPower
Part time recent hire...

Is overtime mandatory?

When working past your part time hours, are you allowed more then 10 min for break?
During peak, I always worked my normal 5:30-10 every night... I had another job before That time, and had to get home to sleep after that time.. I always told them the are the hours I applied for... Just because they can't handle holiday volume doesn't mean I should lose my full time job. Always told them, want me more hours, make me full time.. it usually end the discussion at that point.. :) now I'm a driver and getting 11-13 hours daily.. and it's OK by me since it's my only job now..

Orion inc.

I like turtles
During peak, I always worked my normal 5:30-10 every night... I had another job before That time, and had to get home to sleep after that time.. I always told them the are the hours I applied for... Just because they can't handle holiday volume doesn't mean I should lose my full time job. Always told them, want me more hours, make me full time.. it usually end the discussion at that point.. :) now I'm a driver and getting 11-13 hours daily.. and it's OK by me since it's my only job now..

You're not a "driver" princess. You're a seasonal part time TCD with no guarantee of work or hours.

You'll be back in the hub begging for those hours soon enough rookie.

AutoZone

BrownPower
I'm sure once it drops off, I'll be in the hub for maybe 2-4 weeks.. then as the vacas start coming in, I'll be back out everyday as usual.. you do know that my center has 4 guys retiring, and 4 moving to feeders, on top of the driver they just DQ'd for making a budget truck a convertible.. there's plenty of room coming.. have a nice day!

AutoZone

BrownPower
You do know that you won't be driving in a couple of weeks.??
I'm sure once it drops off, I'll be in the hub for maybe 2-4 weeks.. then as the vacas start coming in, I'll be back out everyday as usual.. you do know that my center has 4 guys retiring, and 4 moving to feeders, on top of the driver they just DQ'd for making a budget truck a convertible.. there's plenty of room coming.. have a nice day!

Hope you right. It's hard to go back to pork and beans.

AutoZone

BrownPower
Hope you right. It's hard to go back to pork and beans.
Lol... Unlike most of you, I've made plenty of money from years past at my previous job, and it's in the bank.. trust me when I say Ill never"go back" to pork and beans.. Ive got enough put away to live comfortably for 3 years without making $1.. so I'm sure I'll be fine.. I think it's pretty funny that all of you think you know what's going on at everyone centers.. I've already proved you guys wrong when I started driving in less than a year... When you all thought it would take many years.. lol go back to bed..

Lol... Unlike most of you, I've made plenty of money from years past at my previous job, and it's in the bank.. trust me when I say Ill never"go back" to pork and beans.. Ive got enough put away to live comfortably for 3 years without making $1.. so I'm sure I'll be fine.. I think it's pretty funny that all of you think you know what's going on at everyone centers.. I've already proved you guys wrong when I started driving in less than a year... When you all thought it would take many years.. lol go back to bed..
Please keep us updated
Let us know how preload is.

By The Book

You're not a "driver" princess. You're a seasonal part time TCD with no guarantee of work or hours.

You'll be back in the hub begging for those hours soon enough rookie.
In some cases as long as the part time employee works their primary shift and drive peak they are guaranteed 8 hours. He may be a part timer who they are using for the season, as you said and just gets a lot of hours. His driving ground may help him in the starting of his progression, in not sure. If what he says is true about 9 spots possibly opening up next year, he's sitting in a good spot.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
How am I seasonal when I have my seniority??? And I'm on a route they will use everyday... Go back to your pick ups old timer
go read your supplement rookie. Did you bid that route? Are you FT?

No???

Then you're a TCD and under the supplement, you're still part time and will be back in the hub when they go route cutting crazy after peak.

You really don't know what you're talking about ever.

Orion inc.

I like turtles

If you have sooo much money saved and made so much all while supporting a wife and kids at auto zone then why are you so anxious to be a FT driver???

Because you don't have 3 years of money squared away or else you would have stayed at auto zone and waited for a FT opportunity not a PT TCD.

You're so full of it

Orion inc.

I like turtles
In some cases as long as the part time employee works their primary shift and drive peak they are guaranteed 8 hours. He may be a part timer who they are using for the season, as you said and just gets a lot of hours. His driving ground may help him in the starting of his progression, in not sure. If what he says is true about 9 spots possibly opening up next year, he's sitting in a good spot.

Not in the southern supplement. He's not guaranteed anything every day. His progression is the only thing that will benefit if he goes FT.

His claims about Orlando are wrong though and have been proven by other members in that area.