By The Book

At what point are you in the union and what are the pay progressions? I have been at UPS for 8 months now... I busted my tail off loading and now know the sort for the whole building. I have been told thay I get a "sort dollar" for every night I sort, but apparently I am supposed to get it permanently after so long. Also every February and April, UPS gives everyone a small raise, but I've not recieved one yet. Do I have to wait until I've worked a calendar year before recieving them?
If you aren't paying dues now, and no initiation fee has been deducted from your pay, you must be in a right to work state. Where I'm they deduct dues and fees from day one,I'm in California. If you haven't taken a sort test, find out if it's a requirement to get the dollar raise. We call them skilled positions out here. Any monkey can unload a box out of a trailer but it takes a skilled monkey to put them back into a trailer, let's see which trailer does it go in again? As far as raises go you are in a four year progression and will receive wage increases on your anniversary date for the next three years. If you are here in August of 2020, you will get the general wage increases that are in the contract. Those wage increases that you mention are for those hired before August 1,2013. Your wage increases are built into your 4 year progression.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
You need to pass your sort test with a 98% or higher. That's when you'll get your $1 raise.. until then, you're being exploited by the management. Go in 30 minutes early and pass your sort test!!!! Or you're just losing $1 every hour you work.. you don't "just get it" after so long....

Where in the contract does it state you have to pass the test to recieve sorter pay?
I see this in the master under article 22.

"All part-time employees, who are hired or reach seniority after
August 1, 2013 will be paid according to the following wage sched-
ules:
Hourly Rate
Preloader All
Sorter Others
Start $11.00 $10.00
Seniority plus one (1) year $11.50 $10.50
Seniority plus two (2) years $12.00 $11.00
Seniority plus three (3) years $13.00 $12.00
Seniority plus four (4) years $13.50 $12.50
Employees working high volume direct or low volume direct shall
receive the preloader/sorter rates."
But I seem to have missed where it says you have to pass the test.

AutoZone

BrownPower
Where in the contract does it state you have to pass the test to recieve sorter pay?
I see this in the master under article 22.

"All part-time employees, who are hired or reach seniority after
August 1, 2013 will be paid according to the following wage sched-
ules:
Hourly Rate
Preloader All
Sorter Others
Start $11.00 $10.00
Seniority plus one (1) year $11.50 $10.50
Seniority plus two (2) years $12.00 $11.00
Seniority plus three (3) years $13.00 $12.00
Seniority plus four (4) years $13.50 $12.50
Employees working high volume direct or low volume direct shall
receive the preloader/sorter rates."
But I seem to have missed where it says you have to pass the test.
You cannot be a sorter without passing the test! They're not just going to throw someone on the aisle that doesn't know where anything goes! It goes hand in hand.. that's why there's no special entry in the contract for it..

Now what he can go is if they are using him on the sort aisle, is file for the back pay for the extra $1 per hour. But if he wants his actual rate increased he'll need to pass the test to be a certified sorter.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
You cannot be a sorter without passing the test! They're not just going to throw someone on the aisle that doesn't know where anything goes! It goes hand in hand.. that's why there's no special entry in the contract for it..

Now what he can go is if they are using him on the sort aisle, is file for the back pay for the extra $1 per hour. But if he wants his actual rate increased he'll need to pass the test to be a certified sorter.

Ok.

Are you a nationwide steward now?

Turdferguson

Just a turd

Not everywhere is the same dude. You can't speak from authority on how other centers run. Same company diffrent rules

AutoZone

BrownPower

This shows when I was in transition to sorter.. into certified sorter..

Attachments

• 1482983006189.jpg
    1482983006189.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 193
  • 1482983022447.jpg
    1482983022447.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 186

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Again, I'm right.. it's been proven.. please stop giving people misinformation as usual.. how does "Cheryl" allow you guys to stay on here?
It has been proven in your little corner of UPS that at that particular time and in your particular instance that it is true but like I had posted earlier it's not true all over UPS not every center or building is run the same. As an LVD or HVD pick off do you have to take a test?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
It has been proven in your little corner of UPS that at that particular time and in your particular instance that it is true but like I had posted earlier it's not true all over UPS not every center or building is run the same. As an LVD or HVD pick off do you have to take a test?

Maybe, like our most esteemed member, he works in the BOG.

The BOG south.

AutoZone

BrownPower
No.