For all new members, a help page

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by upsgrunt, May 28, 2008.

1. upsgrunt

upsgrunt Well-Known Member

Iggy- if you haven't even started working at UPS, how can you suggest what shoes or gloves to wear, or what the consequences are if you don't?

2. Iggyiam

Iggyiam New Member

because I used boots in other work places before and mechanics gloves i used almost everyday when working on car plus i took what people told me and put it up there too.

3. upsgrunt

What if I told you to hold your urine for the whole shift because your eyes will focus better? Would you post that on here too?

4. Diegotron

Diegotron Hater

Gloves are for girls, and people who want to keep their hands soft and safe.

5. Iggyiam

Iggyiam New Member

no i would tell you to prove it first. also for the shoe thing do you suggest new people wear tennis shoes after their told not to? on their first day?

6. upsgrunt

never mind----it went over your head

7. Iggyiam

Iggyiam New Member

x2 plus they already bad enough from auto detail chemicals and 12hour days of washing dishes .

8. MonavieLeaker

MonavieLeaker Bringin Teh_Lulz

If you want a cheap set of good gloves go to grainger off of commonwealth ave(exit before pritchard..make a right...then a right onto suemac rd)they have atlas fit gloves..and since youre a ups employee you get a discount

9. Iggyiam

Iggyiam New Member

BTW what is written about shoes is what is written in the footwear guidelines

10. upsgrunt

So they told you not to wear tennis shoes and you believed them without proof? I preloaded 20 years ago and wore tennis shoes. We have 50 people on our preload now and I bet 48 of them wear tennis shoes. Do what works for you and quit giving out advice to people for a job that you have not even reported to yet.

11. Iggyiam

Iggyiam New Member

there is 2 pages about shoes and Loafers Tennis shoes sandals running shoes sneakers and any footware that does not provide protection or support for this job is bad. go ahead and wear tennis shoes but when they tell you on your first day to go home because you dident listen dont blame me i know what i will be wearing on my feet.

12. Diegotron

Diegotron Hater

/Agree

By the way I was making a joke about the gloves thing, people take things so serious.

13. Diegotron

Diegotron Hater

Too blury, and atleast be courteous enough to flip that right for us.

They also tell you to use the hand-to-surface method, let us know how closely you follow that.....when you actually start that is.

14. Iggyiam

Iggyiam New Member

Ill get a better copy later basically talks about safety aspect of shoes and what not to wear . sorry for putting what i was told and given in writing.

15. MonavieLeaker

MonavieLeaker Bringin Teh_Lulz

What UPS says..and enforces are 2 different things

16. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

UPS will let you wea r most anything you want on your feet. Once you get injury to your feet though then they will tell you it's your fault because you weren't wearing proper footwear.

17. satellitedriver

satellitedriver Moderator Staff Member

I just spray paint my feet. No one has ever noticed.

18. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

good thinkin Steve, I will have to try that.

19. Iggyiam

Iggyiam New Member

do you super glue cat litter on the bottom for that none slip grip?

20. I wear flip flops