For all of you new drivers............

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
In my center a driver was fired for this exact thing.... If they find out you have been signing someone's name your fired. End of discussion

If a customer ever tells me to sign their name, I will print it, and then write my initials next to, or above the printed name.

That way, I'm not forging anything, but it's giving full transparency to the company about what I did

If a customer ever tells me to sign their name, I will print it, and then write my initials next to, or above the printed name.

That way, I'm not forging anything, but it's giving full transparency to the company about what I did
NR1 (ill come back tomorrow)

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
There is one stop I struggle with everytime I deliver. It's a diesel mechanic shop where everyone there always has their hands black dirty with grease & gunk and they ask me to just scribble each time. I feel bad asking them to try to find a rag or wait while they wash their hands.
A little grease never hurt anything. :laughing2:

PassYouBy

Unknown Acrobat
I usually agree with just about everything you post but this was an unfair blanket statement. It may apply to a couple cover guys in my center, but it also applies to a couple bid route guys.

I only cover 8-10 routes so all my commercial customers know me by name and many have said they prefer me to "the regular guy." It really shocks me how few commercial customers know "the regular guy"'s name(s). Just this morning the VP of a large scheduled pickup account came up to me and addressing me by name asked if there was someone he could call to get me to stay on the route permanently. I explained seniority and bidding and he was disappointed and thanked me for taking such good care of them.

There are a few routes that I know so well that not only do I know the customers by name--I know the names of their pets, where they and their spouse work, the names of their children, who has illnesses, which houses have the disabled folks who appreciate it when I leave their package up off the ground so they can reach it from their wheelchair, which customers need their chemo doses delivered ASAP so they can continue battling cancer...

I am a cover driver...I understand...and I care.

Im right there with you!!

Hroller

You would think if someone is ordering something as important as meds that keep you alive, you would make damn sure the complete address is provided.

I get a kick out of some people. They have something delivered to their office. Trouble is, they work in a 12 story office building, with 25 or more different companies occupying space there.

Each company has the same street address, but the package makes no mention of the company name nor the suite number. Just says "John Smith". Now I realize the guy paid extra to have that important check shipped EAM, but I'll be damned if I'm going to knock on 25 doors and asking if John Smith works there!

'Lord Brown's bidding'

You would think if someone is ordering something as important as meds that keep you alive, you would make damn sure the complete address is provided.

I get a kick out of some people. They have something delivered to their office. Trouble is, they work in a 12 story office building, with 25 or more different companies occupying space there.

Each company has the same street address, but the package makes no mention of the company name nor the suite number. Just says "John Smith". Now I realize the guy paid extra to have that important check shipped EAM, but I'll be damned if I'm going to knock on 25 doors and asking if John Smith works there!
In my experience, many are tracking their packages, and when you put a QC exception in the board, they are quick to call in.

If I spot a package that I know is missing a suite or apartment number I sheet it immediately (regardless of whether or not I am actually at the stop). Sometime later, every now and then, I'll get a message providing me the correct suite/apt number, and a request for me to re-attempt delivery.

I enjoy it when the customer thanks me profusely for taking the time out to return.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

In my experience, many are tracking their packages, and when you put a QC exception in the board, they are quick to call in.

If I spot a package that I know is missing a suite or apartment number I sheet it immediately (regardless of whether or not I am actually at the stop). Sometime later, every now and then, I'll get a message providing me the correct suite/apt number, and a request for me to re-attempt delivery.

I enjoy it when the customer thanks me profusely for taking the time out to return.

What if there is a phone number on the package?

Sent using BrownCafe App

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Depends. If it's a Friday or Saturday maybe. Otherwise, I do not get a time allowance on that phone call. I'll let the system play out as it is supposed to.

So rather than take 30 seconds now you would rather several people spend up to 30 minutes to get the address updated later?

Sent using BrownCafe App

OPTION3

DO NOT STOP COMPLETE PKGS AWAY FROM THE STOP….we have had 3 terminations for this last month

OPTION3

ball_licker.jpg
Whatever.

I have lost count of how many ADC's I have done on road.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Johney

So rather than take 30 seconds now you would rather several people spend up to 30 minutes to get the address updated later?

Sent using BrownCafe App
Several people 30 minutes to A/C a package? I really want to work in your center. It really is the BOG. Sounds to me like you guys are milking the company dry.