? for CACH employees

slvrGT

Hello everyone!! Well we're moving from Orlando to Chicago due to my wife's company laying off and relocating so just a few questions for any of you working up there in Hodgkins. I have only year and half with ups working midnight sort and driving on saturdays. It seems i will lose my hub seniority when i transfer so my question is where are they at on seniority for driver positions(package cars and feeders)? I'm hoping that place being so frickin big that there is alot of opportunity because being 34 now i can't go back to loading much longer..Hopefully with the new contract next year alot guys will have had enough and open doors for newer guys..Anyway i will appreciate any input you guys have a hopefully look forward to seeing you there...Eddie

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
It seems i will lose my hub seniority when i transfer so my question is where are they at on seniority for driver positions(package cars and feeders)? I'm hoping that place being so frickin big that there is alot of opportunity because being 34 now i can't go back to loading much longer..Hopefully with the new contract next year alot guys will have had enough and open doors for newer guys..Anyway i will appreciate any input you guys have a hopefully look forward to seeing you there...Eddie

SlvrGT...that's right, you will lose your hub seniority in the move. I used to work in a hub in the Chicago area (not CACH). CACH does not have package cars, its solely a feeder operation. I saw something on here recently about the wait being about a year for package car driving in the Chicago-area. Feeders...I couldn't even guess. If you want HR contact information for the hub I worked in, PM me. I'll get it. -Rocky

He`s correct,no package. They only feeder drivers are coming from package and the board has been full for a while,they fattened it up to cover retirements. If i was coming in to the area I would shoot for the Addison bldg as they have both and are the largest board besides Cach in the Chi area I believe.

705red

Browncafe Steward
You can still go package car any where in 705s area, i heard harvey and bedford park are about a 6 month wait for package. In north il about a year or so for package car, about 7 to 9 years for 22.3 combo. Feeder is about 13 14 years of full time seniority/ Good luck and fyi cackh is a rough place to work, nothing like a package car hub, about 6000 pt and ft members out there!

slvrGT

Hey thanks for the info you all..Well that sucks no package cars out of CACH i did not know that. I would still like to get a definative answer on where they're at seniority wise for feeders then because according to upsjobs.com they are accepting applications for feeder drivers which can't be right, i could never see them hiring off the street straight to feeders, right? However it amazes me alot of guys that i work with aren't interested at all in driving package let alone feeders. Well i need to make a decision and let hr know very soon, i just want to go where there is the most opportunity..I guess my commute should be the deciding factor with gas prices what they are!! Looks like we're probably going to be living in Orland Park thats why i was looking at CACH for the commute but would be willing to drive further seeming how i will also be working at O'hare. How about the Joliet center, any info on that location with all the development out there in Plainfield and the SW suburbs...Sorry for the rambling just got home from midnight sort I'm a little wound up, that place seems to do that LOL thanks again Eddie

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
How about the Joliet center, any info on that location with all the development out there in Plainfield and the SW suburbs...Sorry for the rambling just got home from midnight sort I'm a little wound up, that place seems to do that LOL thanks again Eddie

I know nothing about our Joliet Center. With the development down that way, you'll be able to find a reasonably priced home, I think. My recollection is pretty good schools, too. I'm not familiar with the area but we have a center in a town called Harvey (I loaded Joliet and Harvey at my Illinois hub). 705, CACHSUX, can you help this gentleman with better information? I'm way out of date with hub operations in Northern Illinois and I have no knowledge whatsoever of package cars or feeder. -Rocky

hoser

Industrial Slob
Hello everyone!! Well we're moving from Orlando to Chicago due to my wife's company laying off and relocating so just a few questions for any of you working up there in Hodgkins. I have only year and half with ups working midnight sort and driving on saturdays. It seems i will lose my hub seniority when i transfer so my question is where are they at on seniority for driver positions(package cars and feeders)? I'm hoping that place being so frickin big that there is alot of opportunity because being 34 now i can't go back to loading much longer..Hopefully with the new contract next year alot guys will have had enough and open doors for newer guys..Anyway i will appreciate any input you guys have a hopefully look forward to seeing you there...Eddie
how can you work midnight and drive saturdays? you need ~10 hours between shifts IIRC.

705red

Browncafe Steward
They do hire feeder off the street at cach for over the road which is local 710. Joliet is also a 710 barn which they are out growing. Harvey is about a 6 month wait for package car which you could still bid into out if cach. What time will you be working at ohare, ups has an operation at ohare also, 3am to 8am and 8pm to about 1130pm. If i were you i would avoid going to cach at all, you will spend at least 15 mins a day going through security to get in and close to another 15 just to punch in, and another 15 to go through security to get out. The work is the same at any ups except ohare its pretty easy at ohare, mostly operating equipment.

loserupser

Two minute Therapist
Joliet is a 710 local, There is a lot of growth down there. I would say maybe a year or two and you will be driving out there in Joliet just guessing. I seen it happen!!! The drive from Orland to Rockdale(joliet center) is about 20 mins. Management just moved 11 routes from Joliet to the Westmont center, there definately going thru some serious growth down there, New Lenox is about to blow up with the new HUGE mall(supposedly bigger than the mall of america in Minesota). 710 is a strong local not a push over!!

705red

Browncafe Steward
Joliet is a 710 local, There is a lot of growth down there. I would say maybe a year or two and you will be driving out there in Joliet just guessing. I seen it happen!!! The drive from Orland to Rockdale(joliet center) is about 20 mins. Management just moved 11 routes from Joliet to the Westmont center, there definately going thru some serious growth down there, New Lenox is about to blow up with the new HUGE mall(supposedly bigger than the mall of america in Minesota). 710 is a strong local not a push over!!
Loser lets not get carried away now. 710 is the only local that didnt go on strike in 97, some honored our pickets but 705 had to send members to all the 710 barns in shifts for all 19 days that we were on strike!

loserupser

Two minute Therapist
True local 710 did not go on strike in 97!
there was a NO STRIKE clause in the local 710 contract(dont ask me how that happened) as far as i know 710 members did NOT cross picket lines, and were in contact with 705 members to set up picket lines, eventually 710 members were laid off!
That does NOT mean the local is a push over!

Loser lets not get carried away now. 710 is the only local that didnt go on strike in 97, some honored our pickets but 705 had to send members to all the 710 barns in shifts for all 19 days that we were on strike!

705red

Browncafe Steward
True local 710 did not go on strike in 97!
there was a NO STRIKE clause in the local 710 contract(dont ask me how that happened) as far as i know 710 members did NOT cross picket lines, and were in contact with 705 members to set up picket lines, eventually 710 members were laid off!
That does NOT mean the local is a push over!
I was hoping after wsol was bounced things between our two locals would turn around. But flynn is just as two faced as frank was. Ask flynn why hes conducting raids on 705 railyards trying to get the members to switch to 710? Flynn came to 705s hall and said that he and pocztowski will work hard to unite us but then he stabs us in the back. That we will not stand for and will call him on it when i see him or others from 710.

Loser did you collect unemployment when we were on strike?

slvrGT

Well that was actually going to be my next question, is there a center at O'hare? I have been with United Airlines for 8 years now working on the ramp and was wanting to load jets for UPS but down here in Orlando they are contracted out so i ended up in the hub. loser your right on with New Lenox, that new mall and the end of the I-355 extension is going up right in my mother-in-law's back yard. She moved from the city to go live in the country,haha oh well her property value is going to skyrocket. Anyway, with United just sucking right now with the lay-offs pay cuts and pension gone(IAM sucks ass)and my wife also works for them i'm just trying to get a back up plan. Not so sure yet UPS is the best one.lol My grandfather always said be your own boss, don't ever work for anybody!!! Should have listened. One day. Just saying that like any company, it just takes a few A$$holes to make it not to enjoyable and there is quite a few in the hub opposed to being behind the wheel so i need to go where i have the best chance of that happening in a reasonable amount of time and then i can finally leave United. It's scary having a daughter, mortgage, car payments etc. and both mom and dad both work for a company that is in the red. I've seen nothing positive about CACH from you guys and Harvey, well not the nicest in Chicagoland so may try Joliet, New Lenox is handled by Joliet right? Should be alot of new addresses added out there. Well thats enough. Thanks guys your info is appreciated. Have a good weekend, Woo Hoo!! Eddie One more thing coming from Florida to Illinois,:gun_bandato those who make your gun laws!!! Giving up my right to conceal.:mad:

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
New Lenox is handled by Joliet right? Should be alot of new addresses added out there. Well thats enough. Thanks guys your info is appreciated. Have a good weekend, Woo Hoo!! Eddie

It's been 4 years since I loaded that feeder but yeah,I think so Joliet handles New Lenox. Construction boom all over those south suburbs--Joliet, Plainfield, etc. You'll be driving in a hurry! -Rocky

loserupser

Two minute Therapist
I wasn't aware of the back stabbing going around the locals, that is a shame!

By the way I was not a driver during the infamous strike, but the 710 drivers were eligible for unemployment! don't know how many if any took it!

I was hoping after wsol was bounced things between our two locals would turn around. But flynn is just as two faced as frank was. Ask flynn why hes conducting raids on 705 railyards trying to get the members to switch to 710? Flynn came to 705s hall and said that he and pocztowski will work hard to unite us but then he stabs us in the back. That we will not stand for and will call him on it when i see him or others from 710.

Loser did you collect unemployment when we were on strike?

705red

Browncafe Steward
I wasn't aware of the back stabbing going around the locals, that is a shame!

By the way I was not a driver during the infamous strike, but the 710 drivers were eligible for unemployment! don't know how many if any took it!
I agree we all belong to the jc25 and they are allowing this to happen, but flynn denies having any knowledge, that is where i lost my respect for the man. How can he not know, thats what he said about ron carey now hes saying the same. No hard feeling between us but i hope flynn takes his head out of his :censored2: its already hurting the volunteers that are out helping with the ups freight organizing. No one is volunteering to work side by side with 710 on this anymore.