For discussion...

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
At a residential stop, you have 1 pkg. to deliver and also a call tag. Turns out the call tag is for the same pkg. you are trying to leave.

How would you record both items?

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
At a residential stop, you have 1 pkg. to deliver and also a call tag. Turns out the call tag is for the same pkg. you are trying to leave.

How would you record both items?

Release the package. NI1 the tag. (If unable to contact the customer)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Are you 100% sure that the package that you are delivering is also the one to be picked up on the call tag? If so, RTS the package and cancel the call tag.

If you are not 100% sure then you do as Harry said.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
images

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I heard there is a nice reward there.

$100K

The prison first opened in 1845 and there were a few escapes at first but none since 1865.

The big question is how did they get a hold of the power tool(s) necessary to cut through the steel-enforced concrete walls of their cells, climb down from the 6 story high catwalk, cut in to a steam pipe (knowing when the pressure would be at it's lowest) and following the tunnels to a manhole cover on a side street.

I am glad that I don't live in Dannemora as the authorities have every possible means of entry blocked. I feel bad for the two drivers who have to deliver and/or drive through town to get to their delivery area(s).

The sad part is all of this activity is for naught as I am certain that they are long gone from the area.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

How do prisoners get access to power tools anyway?

The prison uses local contractors when they cannot do the work themselves. All of the state owned tools, power or otherwise, have been accounted for. The theory is either the contractor(s) left one behind, whether accidentally or perhaps in cahoots with the inmates.

oldngray

nowhere special
$100K

The prison first opened in 1845 and there were a few escapes at first but none since 1865.

The big question is how did they get a hold of the power tool(s) necessary to cut through the steel-enforced concrete walls of their cells, climb down from the 6 story high catwalk, cut in to a steam pipe (knowing when the pressure would be at it's lowest) and following the tunnels to a manhole cover on a side street.

I am glad that I don't live in Dannemora as the authorities have every possible means of entry blocked. I feel bad for the two drivers who have to deliver and/or drive through town to get to their delivery area(s).

The sad part is all of this activity is for naught as I am certain that they are long gone from the area.

Probably in Canada by now.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My gut feeling is this could be an exchange. If the customer was not home and this happened I would Dr the package and NI 1 the call tag.

If it were an exchange the label would have been inside the package and the DIAD would have identified the stop as a merchandise exchange stop which, BTW, are a PITA.