For discussion...

PhatAzz

You guys are arguing over a MOOT point. The customer had no adverse impact either way this was done.

The shipper pays the freight on refused (RTS) returns. The shipper still pays the RS fee even if the call tag is cancelled. If the call tag is cancelled the customer doesn't pay the freight portion of the call tag - just the call tag fee.

SO If you RTS the pkg as Refused AND record the RS tag as cancelled, the shipper still pays the shipping charges both ways AND pays the call tag fee. The shipper still has to pay for the call tag fee (UPS did make an attempt to pickup a pkg on the call tag - the receiver told the driver to cancel ) The shipper doesn't pay the call tag charge for the shipping portion since there was no label attached to any pkg.

If you delivered the package as MC and the customer hands the package back to you for the RS label- The shipper paid the shipping charges to the receiver and also paid the charges on the RS label which include the RS fee and shipping charges. The shipper pays the shipping both ways and also pays the call tag fee.

Its the same charges to the shipper either way.

CHALLY9TX

You guys are arguing over a MOOT point. The customer had no adverse impact either way this was done.

The shipper pays the freight on refused (RTS) returns. The shipper still pays the RS fee even if the call tag is cancelled. If the call tag is cancelled the customer doesn't pay the freight portion of the call tag - just the call tag fee.

SO If you RTS the pkg as Refused AND record the RS tag as cancelled, the shipper still pays the shipping charges both ways AND pays the call tag fee. The shipper still has to pay for the call tag fee (UPS did make an attempt to pickup a pkg on the call tag - the receiver told the driver to cancel ) The shipper doesn't pay the call tag charge for the shipping portion since there was no label attached to any pkg.

If you delivered the package as MC and the customer hands the package back to you for the RS label- The shipper paid the shipping charges to the receiver and also paid the charges on the RS label which include the RS fee and shipping charges. The shipper pays the shipping both ways and also pays the call tag fee.

Its the same charges to the shipper either way.

There's also a pickup fee which is separate from the shipping fee and call tag fee.

PhatAzz

There's also a pickup fee which is separate from the shipping fee and call tag fee.

Not with a Call Tag/ RS3 Return Service.

The Call Tag/ RS3 Return Service has two charges. One is the Call Tag/Return Service fee (the pickup charge) and then there's the fee for shipping based on the weight and zone. The call tag fee will not be refunded even if it is recorded as cancelled- because UPS attempted to pick up the pkg. If the package is not picked up after 3 attempts then the second part of the Call Tag fee for shipping will be refunded.

If it's an RS1 service and the consignee requests a pick up after UPS has left the RS1 service tag- then yes there is an additional pickup charge - IF the consignee calls UPS and asks UPS to come pick up the package via On Call/ On Demand.

CHALLY9TX

Not with a Call Tag/ RS3 Return Service.

The Call Tag/ RS3 Return Service has two charges. One is the Call Tag/Return Service fee (the pickup charge) and then there's the fee for shipping based on the weight and zone. The call tag fee will not be refunded even if it is recorded as cancelled- because UPS attempted to pick up the pkg. If the package is not picked up after 3 attempts then the second part of the Call Tag fee for shipping will be refunded.

If it's an RS1 service and the consignee requests a pick up after UPS has left the RS1 service tag- then yes there is an additional pickup charge - IF the consignee calls UPS and asks UPS to come pick up the package via On Call/ On Demand.

You are correct. My mistake.

ArcherUTR

Suppose you buy a new suit, bring it out to your car, change your mind, bring it back in to the store to return only to discover that they charge a "restocking fee" for all returns. Would you be OK with that?

Your weird example happens. Happened to me at a closing Circuit City. I waited a week watching and waiting for the price on a printer to drop another 10%. It did. I purchased and paid but quickly realized that the price was not an extra 10% off. I had not even left the register. They called over the 'shut it down' manager and he said all sales are final. I nearly lost it, but I was in my uniform. Harshest thing I said was, "I wish I wasn't in this uniform so I could let you know what I really want to say." He called in a corporate concern.

Anyway, don't really understand how your example above applies. Why did the shipper just not intercept the package and reverse the direction back to the warehouse.

I didn't read all four pages...

But why not just DR the package and hit stop complete. Second, scan call tag using the 'DUP' (duplicate stop) function and apply label appropriately and send back to building to be unloaded and sent on its way.

I don't see how this is ripping off anyone. It's simple, you may not even have to take the package off your truck, and the time stamps are correct.

Last edited:

ArcherUTR

OCA's are often scheduled to pick up RS's and ARS's. Sometimes people don't like to or are unable to leave their house and take packages somewhere.