For our Canuck drivers

D

dannyboy

Just so that you know, our friends up north will get 3 700's and a new 1000 out of our center this month. In return we get 1 800 and a gas 1000 from the nashville area. Not making the drivers or managers very happy planing for Christmas. We will need 18-19 rentals if we have no breakdowns.

Still cant figure out why the move.....

d

P

p_d_quick

I think it's probable a moral thing. It's supposed to make the ctr receiving the car's feel good, when it's just the suits arraigning the move that have the feel good feeling.
We sure could use some more vehicles here on the left coast. (We had one car in the shop yesterday and had to get a rental to replace it.) It won't happen though, we are the last place to get any replacement equipment.
pd

U

ups_vette

p_d_quick:

It's a financial decision, based on many things, such as car utilazation, rental cost in one area vs another area, driver avg paid day, fleet compatability, and others.

D

dammor

Vette,
I'm not trying to start a battle here with you, but I must say sometimes decisions are made by people that don't have a clue. A preload sup here years ago got bored one morning and decided to take my p-10 and put me in a p-8. It was like peak in there. The truck we have or don't have can make all the difference. I've been in every size and condition. I have had the drive shaft fall off 90 miles from the center at 7:00 at night. The TRUCK is what we spend most of our hours of the day in and it's importance is huge. I know they are all brown, but they certainly are not all equal.